Community > Forums > Safe Trading Basics > What to do if you've received fake products
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

What to do if you've received fake products 37 replies,87682 views

Dealing with fake products

Whether you're doing some personal shopping or sourcing goods or raw materials for an import-export business, it's safe to say that buying online is one of the fastest and most convenient options available.

However, while online purchases are generally very safe transactions, there is always the chance that something could go wrong - for example, you could end up with fake products.

So is there anything that can be done if you open a shipment only to find that the item inside the box is not what you were expecting? Here is a quick guide to dealing with fake products.

Act fast

If you receive a fake product from a supplier, fast action is essential. If you are indeed working with a fraudulent seller, they could disappear quickly and there will likely be a contractual time limit to getting a refund.

Contact the supplier

Gather proof that the items are counterfeits, present these to the seller and ask for an explanation. If they offer a refund, make sure they absorb the cost return shipping - the threat of further action can help you be more convincing, but remember to always stay civil and calm, as it's possible the vendor was unaware of the problem.

Get in touch with your payment company

If you've paid for a shipment with your credit card or PayPal, you will probably be protected against fraudulent dealings. Each company will have different procedures for processing disputes, so get in touch with them to find out how to proceed.

Leave negative feedback

Consider leaving feedback about the situation to warn future customers about potential problems, but be sure any claims you make can be supported, as you don't want to be caught with a libel claim against you.

Contact the authorities, and the genuine brand

This will vary, depending on your location, the location of the seller and the specifics of the situation, but in most cases you should get in touch with the authorities to report the goods.

The real brand or manufacturer may also be grateful to receive tips on fake products, and the evidence you provide will help them with investigations.

Doing the pre shipment quality inspection is very important , for factory audit ,quality inspection ,you can contact www.chinapivotsource.com

Share to:

Re: What to do if you've received fake products

hi,i am foreigner currently in shenzhen

i make order 2 month ago from Shenzhen Tianruiyi Technology Co. Limited,this company first give me very good quality product,after make order they preparing order very slowly  and very disgrace,we just order 60 kit e cigarettes but they send us via 4 different carton pack,i assamble myself and send to 30 set my turkey customer,he said quality very bad also some batteries broke when put the charhing and some is not working,he do not want make any order like this bad fake product,he is reseller in turkey each month sell more than 500 kit e cigarettes he ask to me give another 30 set cigarettes back

this company sales person still not want get back return good also she say we sell every month 100 000 our products very hight quality and no one customer like to you say quality problem,actually every chinese company say our products hight quality and say no any customer say have quality problem actually some seller really lier

she is also threatening me,she say i will call some people for beating  you,i have open complicant on alibaba i am really hate like this peoples

Reply # 6

Anything related certification, you should pay attention to the reality before placing order. There are so many fake certication in China suppliers

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Guangzhou City Good Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou City Good Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. is engaged in the research, development, design, and sale of packing machine which is used for granule, powder, screw, liquid and tablet, semi-auto filling machin... More

When you receive fake products in China, the first step is to collect enough evidence or proof, then report this case to local government authorities, say, AIC (Administration for Industry and Commerce). If the order is very big, you can also take some legal actions against them. Those problems could be avoided if you checked out their export qualifications before payment in China actually. Any question is welcome. 

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

STIN (CHINA) BUSINESS SERVICE CO., Ltd
STIN (CHINA) BUSINESS SERVICES CO. , LTD (STIN for short) is a professional business service company offering Purchasing, Sourcing, Company Investigation, Quality Control, Pre-shipment Inspection and other busine... More

I don't think one can get money back or get any subsititution if he is cheated by the supplier with a fake product.

Even though there are many govermental and legal authorities are should be responsible to protect the international trading but the fact is that NO ONE is really willing to provide any legal aid or help for a foreign business.  

Many of our customers have bad experiences of being cheated -that it is exactly why they are seeking for third party inspection from us. The only way to prevent being cheated is just to PREVENT.

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company
Reply #
six5eight wrote:

hi,i am foreigner currently in shenzhen

i make order 2 month ago from Shenzhen Tianruiyi Technology Co. Limited,this company first give me very good quality product,after make order they preparing order very slowly  and very disgrace,we just order 60 kit e cigarettes but they send us via 4 different carton pack,i assamble myself and send to 30 set my turkey customer,he said quality very bad also some batteries broke when put the charhing and some is not working,he do not want make any order like this bad fake product,he is reseller in turkey each month sell more than 500 kit e cigarettes he ask to me give another 30 set cigarettes back

this company sales person still not want get back return good also she say we sell every month 100 000 our products very hight quality and no one customer like to you say quality problem,actually every chinese company say our products hight quality and say no any customer say have quality problem actually some seller really lier

she is also threatening me,she say i will call some people for beating  you,i have open complicant on alibaba i am really hate like this peoples

Hi, 

it seems that your case have been now at such stage where you can only go to China, get the local police a complain and wait about there action.

till that time try to find some other suppliers.

i am a merchant trader from India. can supply wide range of products if you are interested,.

catch me on samirkaila@gmail.com by giving me reference of alibaba

regards

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

VASUNDHARA ENTERPRISE
Vasundhara Enterprise An proprietor firm established with an vision to export and import multiple products and establish an reputation as Merchant Trader (General Traders) where any product can be offered on ... More

Reply #

Please help me, I don't know what to do...

I recently lost aproximately 50,000 dollars in a big order of fake or damaged flash drives and I have a very tight deadline. If I don't make it my business will be completely ruined.

I contacted the salesperson and she said to calm down and wait until monday. I don't know if there was an honest mistake and they will make the flash drives again or give us a refund. Should I trust them again? How can I take legal action if they refuse to solve the problem?

How can I find a real manufacturer? I only have one more chance, but I will still lose a lot of money.

Reply #

Hello and in case that its fake how can I force suplier to pay also the back shipping costs?

I can only ask for full refund and its the price of the goods + shipping cost to me ... but how can I ask for additional shipping cost back to them?

Be careful of this company selling bad quality upgrade flash drives:

Web site:   http://www.jaluniusb.com

FAKE FLASH DRIVES - FAKE FLASH DRIVES - FAKE FLASHDRIVES

fake products

Lets make suggestion for Alibaba service.Near to rating of company( like gold supplier) make a clients rating then all of potential customers can see real situation.

Reply #
clauv wrote:

Please help me, I don't know what to do...

I recently lost aproximately 50,000 dollars in a big order of fake or damaged flash drives and I have a very tight deadline. If I don't make it my business will be completely ruined.

I contacted the salesperson and she said to calm down and wait until monday. I don't know if there was an honest mistake and they will make the flash drives again or give us a refund. Should I trust them again? How can I take legal action if they refuse to solve the problem?

How can I find a real manufacturer? I only have one more chance, but I will still lose a lot of money.

You should have people go to inspect the flash driver before shipment. Did you sign the formal purchasing contact with your supplier?

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

CHINA PIVOT SOURCING OFFICE
China Pivot sourcing office is an professional sourcing office located in the city of Kunshan nearby Shanghai in the east of China. We are specialized in helpping oversea buyers with importing products from Chin... More

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: