Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > LCL Expensive Port fees Hidden charges when importing t...
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

LCL Expensive Port fees Hidden charges when importing to NZ from UK FOB 3 replies,1083 views

[em8][em9]I've just been handed a quote by a logistics company to take our 5 pallets off the boat from the UK and clear them for customs. They have provided an LCL quote which can only be described as crazy. It would seem to take 5 pallets and clear them is going to cost a staggering $1550 and that's before any concessions are paid to customs or GST is paid. Our freight from UK to NZ is going to work out at half what they are charging to simply open and container and load the pallets onto a lorry? There's all sorts of extra admin fees and other things that are not explained. Even the customs site has no info about LCL port charges? Our suppliers arranged delivery FOB to Wellington but we are having to pay port fees in Auckland? They want to charge $85 per c/m just for unloading the container. The stock is needed but is now going to be sold at a loss due to these crazy charges. How do businesses make any money in NZ if they have to pay almost $200 per pallet just to clear it? Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
Share to:

Re: LCL Expensive Port fees Hidden charges when importing to NZ from UK FOB
I haven't send anything to NZ for quite a long time so I am not too familiar with their charges. But this does seem quite excessive.

Having said that, for the quantity of goods you purchased there are probably a lot of "minimum charges" which would not seem as excessive if the quantity was higher.

I cannot really offer much in the way of support for your existing account, but I would suggest for future reference you need to know fully what is the actual shipping cost and what are all the associated costs. A good forwarder should be able to tell you this and offer a quote before shipping so you know up front what you are up against.

There are instances where they may reduce the shipping cost but you then pay higher charges at the destination.

I would also ask several different operators of their costs so you can get a good comparison.

As for being charged at Auckland for a delivery to Wellington, I have no idea. And yes, I would suggest that small quantities+ shipping costs is a good reaosn why NZ can be an expensive place to buy some stuff.

Re: LCL Expensive Port fees Hidden charges when importing to NZ from UK FOB
SHENZHEN JMD INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING CO.,LTD
OUR COMPANY
·SHENZHEN JMD INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING CO.,LTD is a professional shipping agent with international class 1 agent qualification.It owns a subsidiary company-SHENZHEN JMD INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING CO.,LTD and well knom for its complete structure,standardized managemen management,and advanced network system
Our company provides preferential freight service for customers, and implements quality control to the daily work at various points , such as picking up goods , sending articles ,signing and information feedback , so as to ensure safe and timely arrinal of the goods
OUR SERVICE
·International Air freight
·International Sea freight
·Agent of International Express: UPS .Fedex .DHL .TNT .EMS
·Shipping via sea and air , as well as door to door service
·Custom applying , inspection applying ,customs clearance ,insurance , consulting ,warehousing and related services
OUR SERVICE SYSTEM
·Our air freight , Sea freight Express departments have professional administrators ,independent web query system and experienced staff ; they provide customers with thoughtfully ,careful in the whole process . In order to ensure the quality control of the whole business procedures
·We promise : we will supervise and be responsible for the goods in the whole transport process and ensure the arrival of goods in shortest time and lowest cost , since customers issue official letter of commitment.
Harlen Wen (MR.)
Overseas Business Representative
SHENZHEN JMD INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING CO.,LTD
Add: Room1707-1710,Hua lian Mansion,NO .2008 Shennan Zhong Road,Futian District,Shenzhen,ChinaMobile:+86 18823310907T EL:0755-83040377
Fax: +86 755-83040300 Website: www.jmdchina.coms
E-mail: sales010@jmdchina.comMSN:CRAZYAT9527@hotmail.com Skype:fengkuang9527 QQ:1437199319
Reply # 1

HI

We focus on service from China to America,Europe,Middle Aast,Afric,Oceania,Asia destinations

more than 20 years. As one of the biggest shipping agents for MSK, CMA, EMC, HAMBURG SUD, HANJIN etc, our service covers all of ports in
 China. We Provide with sea freight FCL/LCL, warehousing and logistics, customs broker, distribution, import and export service. We also offer
 a variety of quality support services such as packing, depot storage and marine insurance.
If you have any shipment from /to China you can contact with me

Best regards
Lucy

China Wilson International Logistics Co.,Ltd
Mobile:86 13858842056
Skype Account no:lucy.wu58
MSN account:Shuijing00@hotmail.com
EMAILECLL_WORLDWIDE@163.COM

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: