Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > Using a Freight Forwarding Agent to collect package & p...
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Using a Freight Forwarding Agent to collect package & pay supplier. Safe? 9 replies,1897 views

Hello, I wanted to do business with a supplier however, they don't accept escrow service and I am not quite happy to do it out of escrow. I asked them if they would agree for an agent to pick the stuff up from their warehouse and pay them upon collection and they had no problem with it. Now, I tried talking to a few freight forwarding companies and none of them accepts escrow. They want me to pay directly to them. What are my other alternatives? Should i find a freight forwarding agent that accepts escrow or is there a better way to go about this?
Share to:

Reply # 1 arvinrajsinghgill
Maybe you can find a trade company
Reply # 2 jialiang07
Where do i look for a trading company, and what is a trading company?
Re: Using a Freight Forwarding Agent to collect package & pay supplier. Safe?
you can find a forwarder, try to judge him from the communication

few forwarder or trading company accept ESCROW.

my client paid me USD5000 in advance without seeing and getting any thing. I think you can trust the one you feel is trustable if the amount of money is not too much.
Reply #
arvinrajsinghgill wrote:
Where do i look for a trading company, and what is a trading company? 

Aha.. Trading company is a sourcing company,most of them are to buy the goods from the supplier and then sell the goods to you, but they will earn some profit from it. just like you hire someone to do those process.
   But I suggest you to find a freight forwarder to do that job. you said you talked to two or more freight forwarder and they don't want to pay, because they don't want to act as a sourcing company. My company is a freight forwarder too,and we are starting related trading business these two years,from my point of view, we can do those process for you on the condition that we have to sign some agreement before we do that for you.
Re: Using a Freight Forwarding Agent to collect package & pay supplier. Safe?
Some FWD can do this for you(you can choose the prestige company and negotiate with them), if you buy in Vietnam, we can help you [em14]
Reply #

Letter of credit is better

For your and your supplier because there may be a lot of factors affecting the delivery of the goods and payment. 

otherwise  there will be a problem where the 3rd party will no able to solve. IE, if the cargo being damaged.

At the begining is better to have a L/C agreement and after you know each other can change the way of payment and delivery points.

And please, please ensure the cargo up to  110 %

With regards

administracion@ita-mexico.com

www.ita-mexico.com

Reply #
arvinrajsinghgill wrote:
Hello, I wanted to do business with a supplier however, they don't accept escrow service and I am not quite happy to do it out of escrow. I asked them if they would agree for an agent to pick the stuff up from their warehouse and pay them upon collection and they had no problem with it. Now, I tried talking to a few freight forwarding companies and none of them accepts escrow. They want me to pay directly to them. What are my other alternatives? Should i find a freight forwarding agent that accepts escrow or is there a better way to go about this?
Reply # 1 arvinrajsinghgill

Hello,Arvin.

For small orders, if you can accept paypal instead escrow, we will help you to pay for your suppliers in CNY (Chinese currency) and you can pay us by paypal.

Of course, we will charge you a handling fee for this. We will protect your purchases in China. In the meanwhile, we can offer you more services, like order follow up, inspection, consolidation, shipping assistant and so on.

You are welcome to visit our website for more information.

Regards from jasmine --3w dot jasmineservice dot org

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Sellwell Trading Company Limited
---factory audit & assessment ---sourcing ---order supervisor & coordination ---quality control & inspection ---logistic & warehousing ---customs & formalitites ---projects managements We are not a paid member ... More

Reply #
Hi, I think you need to contact a Freight Forwarding Companies like NTL Logistics Plus. http://www.ntllogisticsplus.com
arvinrajsinghgill wrote:

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: