Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > Import shipping cost / airway bill
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Import shipping cost / airway bill 10 replies,2859 views

I am in the USA.

I have always heard it is much cheaper to have the foreign supplier pay for shipping on his end.

On my last order I feel as if the shipping cost he gave me was higher than it should be. How can I verify exactly how much he paid for shipping so I pay him exactly that amount?

Also, he sent me an airway bill that didn't have any shipping payment listed on it. What does this mean?

I just would like to know how I can verify how much shipping cost he paid on his end so I pay that amount exactly?

And is it possible for him to send me an airway bill where he lied about how much he paid for shipping???

Share to:

Re: Import shipping cost / airway bill
find a logistics agent to inquiry freight fee.
use your forwarder
Reply #
kenkhuu889 wrote:
I am in the USA.

I have always heard it is much cheaper to have the foreign supplier pay for shipping on his end.

On my last order I feel as if the shipping cost he gave me was higher than it should be. How can I verify exactly how much he paid for shipping so I pay him exactly that amount?

Also, he sent me an airway bill that didn't have any shipping payment listed on it. What does this mean?

I just would like to know how I can verify how much shipping cost he paid on his end so I pay that amount exactly?

And is it possible for him to send me an airway bill where he lied about how much he paid for shipping???

Yes, I got your point. It's possible to him send fake airway bill to you.

It is simpler to have supplier to handle the shipment, but not a fact that cheaper..

To verify simple, you could have sent inquiries to logistics companies and compare the rates.
It is better to have your own Freight Forwarding company, one that you build a trust relationship with and can get you better rates. The supplier just sells a products, they dont have the best shipping rates available.
Reply #
[em3]you can find your another supplier to inquiry for the freight cost. then you can compare with it. [em3]
Reply #
What are your buying terms?  If you are purchasing CIF there is no way to know how much the shipping actually is.  You should request both an FOB price per unit and a CIF price per unit to find out how much you could save by handling the shipping yourself.  Then get a local freight forwarding company to give you a price quote for the air/ocean freight.  Generally you will save $$ on shipping by doing it yourself .  Find out how by pre-ordering the comprehensive manual on how to import at www.importbasics.com
[em2]
Reply #

It is very simple, about the product price, you can find more suppliers to quote, then you can compare it and let them give you golden sample, then you can know the quality, 

about the transport fee, you can visit the airline website to check the price or let your vendor send the bill or receipts to you to show the exact cost.

To avoid risk in future, you can invite a third inspection like us to do inspection and check the quantity before shipment and deposite.

That will be very helpful for you to control you vendor..

Reply # 1 kenkhuu889

Dear,deal on FOB basis,using yourself forwarder to handle shippment.

If you need logisitics forwarder at Indian and China,we can do something for help.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: