Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > shipping how to basics please
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

shipping how to basics please 12 replies,1582 views

I am very new to this and I can not find any information on shipping what I buy to my business. Please, once I choose to buy, how is the shipping calculated? will the supplier arrange for shipping or do I (the buyer) have to? I have only ever dealt with companies that arrange shipping for me and I do not see on this site where to calculate or arrange for shipping. Thank you
Share to:

Reply #
please give me your email address and i will send relevant information to you
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

RAVI EXPORTS
We are a company dedicated to the manufacture and supply of exquisite Hand Made Paper and its converted products. Some of the papers that we work with are as follows: * Cotton Colored Paper * Metallic Paper * B... More

Reply # 1 cwood

it depends on the quantity your buy and how would you like to ship them, by air or by sea.

But to have another company arranging these things will be better ,  usually, you can send an inquiry to supplier to get a rough cost for both. if by air express, if their price is ok, then you can just ask the supplier to ship for you. From my experience, most of suppliers do not have good resource of good rates, certainly, there are some supplier also offer great rate.

When you need your goods shipping by sea, you must not ask the supplier to ship for you, because the china forwarder will forward all the cost to your destination port, and they quote very cheap price to China suppliers. The best way is you find a forwarder at your end, ask the supplier to quote product price by FOB terms, give contact of your fowarder to the supplier to ship the goods.

If you want to save your work, you can pay for a little service fee to a sourcing agent for handling all these work. they can offer the service like Sourcing products, place orders, inspect the goods, arrange goods with supplier to warehouse, consolidate shipment, handling export, documentations, etc.

Good luck to your business!

regards

Kenny Gao

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Shenzhen Kenny Service Office
Shenzhen Kenny Service Office created by Kenny Gao, Coming from Shenzhen Guangdong, China, and his hometown is in Shantou City, . Graduated from Capital University of Economics and Business, with more than 7 year... More

Reply # please give me your email address and i will send relevant information to you
coniferhandmades wrote:

Could you please also send me the relevent information about shipping from China to USA?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
John J Byrne
Crew@crewcalls.net
Crewcalls.net.llc
Re: shipping how to basics please
Could you please also send me the relevent information about shipping from China to USA?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
John J Byrne
Crew@crewcalls.net
Crewcalls.net.llc
Reply #

Yes, I am also curious about shipping methods to US?. Not sure what  this stands FOB?

Reply #
coniferhandmades wrote:

Hello 

I would also like the information if you wouldn't mind. 

sofinagriffintradingco@outlook.com
Reply # 1

Hello,My name is Gavin Cheung , the sales Manager of ORIENT STAR TRANSPORT Shenzhen Branch .
Our company  was established in 1984 and have gained profound reputation for our logistics expertise and good customer service.
Supported by our 21 offices and worldwide associates,
we assure you with the most reliable and timely service to move your goods across the ocean and sky.
We are licensed FMC NVOCC, AMS bond filers and possess Class-A and MOC forwarder license in China PRC
We will be happy to give you a quotation upon receipt of your detailed requirements.

Best Regards
Gavin Zhang
ORIENT STAR TRANSPORT (SHENZHEN) LIMITED
Tel:+86 0755 25154509     Fax:+86 0755 25154299
Email: gavinzhang_szx@orientstargroup.com

Reply # 4

Hello,John,we are the leading forwarder company who are focusing on shipments from Chian to USA ,I have send the lastest freigh to your email box,please check ,thanks .

Reply # 6

It is depand on cargo volume can be loaded by container(FCL) or less than container(LCL) .ususally ,if the volume is less than 15CBM ,it can be consolidated with other LCL cargo .

Anyway ,you can contact my email for further discussion.gavinzhang_szx@orientstargroup.com

Re: shipping how to basics please

Cwood,

Here at Bay Brokerage we offer:

Web Based an international advanced ship notice API service

We can handle All exports from China to the USA from air freight, ocean freight, and logistics.

Provide same-day cusoms clearance

Please Feel Free to get ahold of me at lcarmon@baybrokerageus.com for a quote. We have the abilities to handle nearly every aspect from customs clearing to forwarding. 

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: