Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > How do I import 2K pairs of boots to USA?
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

How do I import 2K pairs of boots to USA? 12 replies,2127 views

Hello, I am very new to this. I am ordering 2,000 pairs of boots from a factory in China. The pricing they are quoting me is FOB Shanghai. What do I do to get the boots from the factory to my warehouse in New York City (USA)? I really have no idea, so please provide all the details! Thank you! T
Share to:

Reply #
tapioca wrote:
Hello, I am very new to this. I am ordering 2,000 pairs of boots from a factory in China. The pricing they are quoting me is FOB Shanghai. What do I do to get the boots from the factory to my warehouse in New York City (USA)? I really have no idea, so please provide all the details! Thank you! T
Reply # 1 tapioca
There must be something wrong, post again. Hi tapioca, you need to confirm several questions before you go, 1. What shipping service would you like to use, by express, by air, or by sea? 2. How will you clear the Customs in China? Have you got the documents for formal clearance? 3. How will you clear the Customs in US? Have you got quota for these shoes?
Reply # 3 DropShip_Fulfillment
I have the boots set to be manufactured, but that's all I know. I don't know anything about customs in China, etc. I am looking for the least expensive way to get these boots to me in NYC (USA).
Reply #

Hi Tapioca

If u dont know about custom clearance well, you can find a logistics company , they can help you and guide what you have to do. You can add my skype: thanhtrucgg5 or send me mail to sale2@universallogistics.vn , I will try my best to help you.

Have a nice day!

Ms Truc

Reply #
Are the boots foreign brand name boots or are they no name boots? This will make all the difference with shipping etc.
Reply # 7 Egernia
The boots will have my new company's logo on the bottom and possibly elsewhere (so, they are not knockoffs or big brand name boots, but they will have a brand on them). Does this make a difference?
Reply #
tapioca wrote: Hello, I am very new to this. I am ordering 2,000 pairs of boots from a factory in China. The pricing they are quoting me is FOB Shanghai. What do I do to get the boots from the factory to my warehouse in New York City (USA)? I really have no idea, so please provide all the details! Thank you! T

======

Tapioca,

Best option for you is to choose a Forwarder in the USA who will guide you through both the Import Freight process and Customs Clearance processes.

If this is your first time importing into the US, you're in for a lot of info to be thrown your way but a good forwarder and customs broker (most large logistics companies operate both under one roof) will explain it step by step. Larger companies will also have their own offices and agents in the Origin city...

If your terms are FOB Shanghai port, then you are responsible for the ocean freight once it passes the ship's rail at Shanghai port and nothing before that.

Ask for a full quote including duty, taxes,  You'll have to be able to supply quantity of pieces, dimensions, and weight of the cartons -- as well as invoice value and item descriptions (what are the boots made of?, etc) to determine the HTS Code which will determine the duty rate for US Customs (footwear can have a higher duty rate and require a significant outlay of $$$)

One more thing to look out for is Customs exams. As a new importer you are more likely to be subject to exams --and into NY port, they tend to have a more "heightened exam ratio". You'll need to factor this in.

You should have plenty of questions, so just ask..

SD

Reply #

You shouldnt have any problems as long as they are not knock offs of famous brand name products which was why I was asking as the latter would surely be a problem.

Occasionally the local government organisations will spot check factories and require them to produce proof that they have the relevant permission to produce boots in your brand name but that wont be a problem as you can send a letter on letterhead to them. Your supplier will let them know if you need that.

As you seem aware FOB is price boarded onto vessel so you will need to arrange the shipping fees to your country, the customs release in your country, and the delivery from the port to your location. A local forwarder in your city or the city where the shipment will land will be able to arrange all of that for you.

You may want to consider getting an agent in China to check the quality of the goods before you release final payment and before they are loaded for shipment. If you find any problems with the items once they arrive your end that will essentially be your problem to deal with, but if you can find those problems before you ship then you can get the supplier to rectify said problems before you pay.

Reply # 1 tapioca

Ask the factory to give you CNF price. Or you can find a shipping company and ask about the cost.

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Dongguan Zhengyong Leather Accessories Co., Ltd.
Dongguan Zhengyong Leather Accessories Co., Ltd was founded in 2005,which is located in Chang'an Town, Dongguan City. It is a middle sized leather accessories company which combines design,produce and promotion t... More

Reply # 11 sales38
Assuming the last poster is referring to CFR INCOterms as "CNF".
I strongly suggest going against C-level INCOterms if you are importing from China.

Control the freight and carriers and know your total charges upfront by using FOB INCOterms and a Forwarder/Broker in your country.

Otherwise, you'll be in for a surprise with high Destination Terminal Charges that were'nt quoted to you...as well as poor service levels and strange routings....

Just my $0.02

SD

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: