Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > What is the cheapest way to get products from China to ...
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

What is the cheapest way to get products from China to California 5 replies,2849 views

Hello, I want to import art from China but it seems there is no easy way to do this. I am starting up a company and need art that I will be selling. I know its cheap to import art and have them air ship it to me but its very expensive especially if I choose for them to ship it to me with the frame ( stretchers). What I am wondering is if I was to have it sent here by ship would this be the best way? I want to have the art imported in but with strechers ideally since its a pain to buy and build the strecthers yourself. What I am wondering if I was to make an order of lets say 100 paintings - how much would I be looking to pay at the dock to customs? Is this even worth it? Does anyone know how much these customs charges are? Do I need special paperwork? Any alternatives you can offer me?
Share to:

Reply #
Chris Beee wrote:
Hello, I want to import art from China but it seems there is no easy way to do this. I am starting up a company and need art that I will be selling. I know its cheap to import art and have them air ship it to me but its very expensive especially if I choose for them to ship it to me with the frame ( stretchers). What I am wondering is if I was to have it sent here by ship would this be the best way? I want to have the art imported in but with strechers ideally since its a pain to buy and build the strecthers yourself. What I am wondering if I was to make an order of lets say 100 paintings - how much would I be looking to pay at the dock to customs? Is this even worth it? Does anyone know how much these customs charges are? Do I need special paperwork? Any alternatives you can offer me?

Hi, Chris,
Actually more details you have to leave here to give you the prices, eg. weight, cubic meters of goods, value, destination port, HS code of goods.
You can send details to cindy_wuyw@hotmail.com. I will recommend you by air or by sea, which one is better for you.
Cindy
Reply #

hi with each country there are very specific taxes and duties that must be paid, it would be in your best interest to first call your irs for both stae and federal to find ut what the duties would be on the specific items you are looking to import, as well get this in wrinting, in case of any  problems you will have documtion to back up your self, now with the basics of importing anything it is usually always going to be a few factors that will determine the cost, it is the weight and overall size, as well as the speed on which u ned these items delvered, all this will dictate prices, it would be also in your best interest to look into private shipping and freight handlers in china who may be able to offer you better prices then some larger caarriers, however for most item ems is usually the prefered method of shipping it is both fast and d cost effective, as with anything you will also have to look at the trade agreeements you have with any county you wish to do busiess withm for example you would gernerally have far less problems and less cost dealing with a company in my country since we have large free trade agreements, and they make a huge difference so look at everything, now i realize this sems like a alot of work but doing these things will reduce your cost andincrease your profits so it would be well worth it,

most of all take your time andhaave fun, importing and exporting can be one trully amzing job and career with so many rewards and a great comradeship that comes from dealing wiht many coutries and peoples, again have fun and enjoyy ourself 

Reply #
Chris Beee wrote:

=========

Chris,

Contact a reputable forwarder in the US to get a shipping quote including Customs Clearance in the US. You don't need to contact the IRS for Duty (this isn't even IRS-related, but CBP-Customs and Border Protection)

You'll exchange some info and the Forwrder/Customs Broker should be able to walk you through it...

It's not rocket science, but there's a reason people like us exist --- to guide you through the Importing maze and tell you what to look for and what to expect to pay....

SD
[em18]
Re: What is the cheapest way to get products from China to California
Hi Chris,

Shipping through sea is the cheapest way to go in terms of importing your products from China. But this all depends on when you need your products and the volume of your order.

Make sure to do additional research on this. You can visit this website to learn more. Brendan showed me a lot of things that I never could have realized on my own.

Good Luck!!
Re: What is the cheapest way to get products from China to California

We had imported oil paintings and frames from China for years, the best and cheapest way is by sea.

No need to irs or cbp customs, find a good forwarder, they will handle everything.

Actually what i am bothering is the price and quality control, as you could see, we deal only hand painted high quality works, while seems the quality decreasing and price increasing, your guys have good recommendation?

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: