Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > FOB price???
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

FOB price??? 50 replies,78951 views

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to importing, so please excuse my lack of knowledge .
Can someone please explain what does FOB price exactly mean???
I was checking out some suppliers on Busytrade and for example there was:

FOB price: $30-$46/piece
Port: Shenzen

Does it mean that $30 is a price that includes shipping costs?

Many thanks for your help!!!
Share to:

Re: FOB price???
lisajim wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to importing, so please excuse my lack of knowledge .
Can someone please explain what does FOB price exactly mean???
I was checking out some suppliers on Busytrade and for example there was:

FOB price: $30-$46/piece
Port: Shenzen

Does it mean that $30 is a price that includes shipping costs?

Many thanks for your help!!!
FOB means that your client just pay for the ocean charge,the local charge such as the THC,DOC,SEAL and so on will be responsible by your company!!
How to caculate it?
FOB means Free on Board that supplier will afford " product cost + inland delivery cost", not include the shipping fee.FOB price: $30-$46/piece Port: Shenzen.it just mean that $30 is a price include the car transportation from your factory to Shenzhen port lotus letaotao firm

NB english

Hello,

The FOB =  Free On Board

Good luck

[em19]
Re: Re: FOB price???
Enough justice has been done to your question. FOB is free-on-board and you are responsible for shipping costs as well as your own local charges. However, I do not understand why Chinese companies adopt this tactics. Why can they not provide customers with C&F costs or even CIF, so as to put everything in the right perspective. After all the importer will still have to pay these charges.
Re: Re: FOB price???
liguang_kevin wrote:

NB english

[em2]free on board if you dont understand ,serching by google or baidu.
its wothour shipping cost
[em7]FOB is free on board .it means the seller just need to in charge of the all the fee from your company to the port and clean the custom.keeping a good nationship with the custom and forwarder is benifit for you .good luck for you .

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: