Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > The true Shipping Cost - simple question
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

The true Shipping Cost - simple question 13 replies,5951 views

Hello,

Im gona do my first import, i would someone answer me to a simple thing.

The shipping cost, calculated by supliers its only from china to specific country port (in my case Portugal) right?

When the merchandise arrive to the custom in my country, i will to pay the custom clearance tax and Vat and more?

My question is: Does the shipping cost already includes the transportation from suplier to my company door? And i will just have to pay the vat and product Tax?

OR

In total i will have to pay: Shipping cots (from china to portugal) + Product tax and VAT + Custom clearance stuff ( like documents and port stuff) + Transportation from port to my company door...?

Really help would be apreciated, because the supliers i want to buy, are not used to ship to portugal, and they are sayng that the cost of shipping includes everything except the product tax and Vat.

Someone experieced in import that could some knowledge would be lovly

thanks in advance
Share to:

Re: The true Shipping Cost - simple question
senss wrote:
Hello,

The shipping cost, calculated by supliers its only from china to specific country port (in my case Portugal) right?

When the merchandise arrive to the custom in my country, i will to pay the custom clearance tax and Vat and more?

My question is: Does the shipping cost already includes the transportation from suplier to my company door? And i will just have to pay the vat and product Tax?

OR

In total i will have to pay: Shipping cots (from china to portugal) + Product tax and VAT + Custom clearance stuff ( like documents and port stuff) + Transportation from port to my company door...?

Really help would be apreciated, because the supliers i want to buy, are not used to ship to portugal, and they are sayng that the cost of shipping includes everything except the product tax and Vat.

thanks in advance

Hi, I suppose your shipping is by LCL to Portugal, which port? If your address is far away from the port, do you need someone send the goods to your address? If so, can do DDU, usually it's better that you pay Tax and VAT by yourself. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internatinal shipping forwarding, sourcing, purchasing, exporting agent in China.
MSN: cindy_wuyw@hotmail.com

Reply # 1 senss
Tax you is from your country this you pay nationalize the goods in country you have to pay everything
Reply # 1 senss
Shipping cost includes OCEAN FREIGHT ONLY.  It means the cost from a specific port in China to a specific port in Portugal.[em1]
Reply #
Depends on size and way of shipping. If its express parcel by air then its all paid,even they do clearing but u need to pay only the import duty, no VAT applicable If its sea shipment and freight paid, means it will reach only the destination port, later u have to pay the import duty and local transport, no VAT applicable ---------------------------------------- FRAUD ALERT...!!! Company Name: Tianjin Guohaoshengtai Steel Trading Co., Ltd. Street Address: Aodu Commercial Center,Beicang Road,Beichen District City: Tianjin Province/State: Tianjin Country/Region: China (Mainland) Zip: 300400 Telephone: 86-022-58889758 Mobile Phone: 13821109528 Fax: 86-022-58889759 Beware of this FRAUD...They cheated me USD14000...We ordered SS309S Steel, they supplied us SCRAP..
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

LEDON LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
LEDON Lighting solutions is an exclusive LED light solution provider with excellent technical back up and vast experience in the field.LEDON has complete solution like customised designing and mould making fo... More

Reply #
senss wrote:
Hello,

OR

thanks in advance
Reply #

What's your delivery terms? DDP or DDU? If DDU, the supplier will pay all freight cost from factory to destination, but the buyer still need pay all cost involved on importing custom duty and VAT. For DDP, the supplier pay all cost from factory to destination.

Actually most supplier doesn't like DDP or DDU, they like EX-Works or FOB loading port better.

Reply #
Dear Tom Jackson,Using the china post is very cheap but it doesn’t have a tracking system,Beware of the Alibaba Scammer,Alibaba is considered as scammers paradise, Alibaba was a thief , here We have Alibaba And 40000 thieves . So deal Very Carefully  
Question about shipping
>1@K9 45=L!!! >4A:068B5 ?>60;C9AB0 <>6=> ;8 C 20A ?>:C?0BL B>20@ ?> 1 HBC:5, 8 A:>;L:> 1C45B AB>8BL 4>AB02:0 4> >AA88, =5 <>3C @07>1@0BLAO. 0@0=55 1;03>40@=0. ! #2065=85< 0A8;8=0 CE0;LA:0O.
Question about shipping
Good day! Please tell me whether you are buying a product in 1 piece, and how much will cost shipping to Russia, I can not understand. Thank you in advance. Sincerely Vasilina Pukhal'skii.
Reply # 1 senss
Usualy it is like that! If i am from Slovenia in Europ and i wold like to send ship in America it is go like that! I buy suplays in my country from a company!For that price i pay for those suplays,price include also transport from my dealer to the port!I need to pay transport from my port to ur port!Rest it is ur problem in my case when i send ship to u!!

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: