Community > Forums > Basics of Import-Export > I want to start Import/Export Agency business
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

I want to start Import/Export Agency business 13 replies,14782 views

hi,

I want to start Import/Export commission agency business. can you pls advise how to start.

Share to:

Re: I want to start Import/Export Agency business

My opinion is that you should keep your eyes on the market first and look for the product which you might deal with in the future. Most importantly, you should have enough information of the factories before looking for customers.

Why not start out small first. there is no better way to get the feel and experience of trading than to start selling small on an auction site! This is where you build up experience in the real world very cheaply.

As with everything it is sometimes better to find like minded people who can walk you through the processes.

Try looking at a group like http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WholesaleBuyers, who are small retailers split buying at bulk prices from wholesalers, this should give you an edge, they have research, they have hot product lists and they are real auction site sellers....get some experience on a small scale like this first!

I see this 'yahoo' group are everywhere.... : )

Import/export are among the easiest business to start with, since you need no capital (maybe a little for the hardwares), more like a SOHO.

BUT, you have to have really good local contacts first before you going to import/export, sure, finding a manufacturers, wholesalers and sell them to the market you are in sounds easy in Alibaba, but you got to know your resources, your channels and how much you need to invest when situations requires you to hold stocks.

My suggestions is, like everybody said up there, get to know your market, see only price and market when you saw a product, always try to buy your 'things' through a wholesaler around you, not just walk into several shop and think you got the best prices, then you are almost there.

Good Luck!

Dear Rohit,

Becoming an export/import agent sound all very rosy where you become agent for companies. Get them export orders and get a nice commission pie.

Never try to become a commission agent as after years of experience you will find the problems of sampling, marketing costs, bad delivery by supplier coming on to your head and costing much much more than the commissions you are calculating now.

Something like you choose bosses for whom you will work like an export manager job 24X7 and make losses out of it.

The best way to do it to charge a nominal monthly retainer fee to cover all your costs and a nominal commission towards your profits.

Happy Agenting.

Trading/Broking company : how to start and what about long term strategy
Good evening dear "virtual" partners.

I'm thinking about setting up my own business. Kind of "trading" company : buy at tle lowest prices and sell at the better conditions so that you make a "substancial profit".

Seems so easy... But I guess that's not.

My two questions:

1/ Does setting up such business requires specifis skills ? (deep knowledge of any market, industry, sector, channels, networks etc..) Meant, I don't have any ideas of what type of goods/market I want to deal with, so what are the "good questions" I must wonder?

2/ Assumed that my business is running,( !) what will be my potential issues in terms of development since I am not owner of any product, brand licence, plant etc.. ? In better words, when your **** business is to byu and sell diverse goods, how can you secure an develop your business ??...

Sorry for these so long questions..

And also thanks for your future answers !

Regards

Hello,

I am sharing the same sense with the writer that i am on the brink of setting up an international trade company on agricultural products since i've been living in Turkey where half of the population is involved in agricultural sector.As known that here are uncountable oppurtunuties for trading of agricultural products.What i would like to say is that i have some connections with growers and a good comments of agriculture sector in Turkey but do not have trade experience!I can contact with the writer or other relevant persons by depending on his/her position in the sector.

Best regards

Quoting from [Rohit]:

hi,

I want to start Import/Export commission agency business. can you pls advise how to start.

Dear Sir,

Please visit our website: www.worldtradeconnections.co.in

you will receive complete insight of starting your own business.

Regards

Shalishkumar

I personally think that all agents should come under one roof and form one association for better trade better. If " Paid Agents/Paid Reps" and "Marketing Consultants" are interested in forming a trade union, they can email. Free trade agents who work on only "Commission Basis" to kindly excuse.

Best Regards,

Parikshit

Replying to Rohit:

What is it worth to you to find real wholesale suppliers for......................... Ipods,PSP's,Playstations,X-Box 360,Video Ipods,Plasma Tvs,Lcds, Laptops Monitors, Video Surveillance, Cameras, Gaming,Printers, Scanners,Cell Phones,Dvds,Computers,Car Audio,Fax Machines,Cologne,Gps/Navigation, more+................................They are out there but you have to know w here to look! With over a billion + webpages on-line why not let people who know where to find this product help you?!!!

Replying to [Rohit]:
Learn how to start your profitable export business, and expand your sales in international trade.

Today, the export business is not just for the big corporations, the fastest growth in international trade is happening now for the small and medium size businesses, even for the new comers with least knowledge can enter into Export Trade.

The step-by-step practical approach offered through WTC Export Plan will help you to start selling and expand your profits. You do not need years of trial and error.

*Full of information to increase your sales worldwide
*Learn the secrets to export your products or services, simple and easy.
*For companies making plans to enter into export, or explore new markets.
*Plan your export strategy. Find the market that needs your product, and start exporting.

Today, There are thousands of buyers in foreign markets looking for your products, it doesn't matter if you sell a service or product, or something small or big, or if you have a specialized niche market. Learn how to find them, how to sell it, ship it, and start making profit.

This is only kind of business which is recession proof and is constantly growing as we move toward a world wide economy. This business will provide you with excitement, freedom of time, opportunities to travel abroad, and last but not least "good profits".

You can start your OWN export business with practically minimum investments or No investments- you really do not have to invest in STOCKS! [ We tell you How!!] The only essentials are strong determinations and desire to succeed in exports.

Another good point: You do NOT need any previous experience in this field. WTC 6 Volume Export Plan offers you practical approach to start your own export business.

Many small companies do not export, others have a couple of markets overseas, mostly starting the exporting business without screening their market, and without the necessary information to increase worldwide sales. Therefore, many will abandone exporting all together and loosing a chance to profit, because they didn't start with the right information at hand.

Do not spend endless hours looking for sales the wrong way and in the wrong places. You are going to learn how to make real money in international trade honestly, steadily with consistently repeat business and substantially higher returns.

The demand already exists. You simply capitalize on it. And what could be easier than that! You put in as much time as you like, full time or part time. You can even run the business out of your home. And best of all, time is practically all you'll have to invest in this business.

WTC Export Plan can help you with the planning and resources that you need to expand your business in the global marketplace.

We offer one of the most useful information available. Once you have finished studying our volumes and practically implementing each and every step of the volumes. You will know how to export products/services, simply and easily to start earning a good income in the international marketplace.

For complete insight of WTC Export plan Please visit : http://www.worldtradeconnections.co.in/export.htm

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: