Here are the 12 steps for purchasing process. Hope it could be of help to those who want to make purchase.
1. Ask supplier to provide detailed reports regarding their funds, business certificates, scales, dredit standings. The more detail, the better.
2. Purchasers classify the information from suppliers in detail. Analyze the information and make decisions whether we need to put great effort in some of the suppliers. We shall move forward or just stop here. The analisis will help us to serve our buyers well.
3. Purchasers take a examination of supplier's plants or factory. To have a check whether the information they provide is in consistence with the fact. If not, stop cooperating with them. You are running rish if you move on.
4. Purchasers ask for samples from suppliers. This will help to identify whether the samples(including size, specification, and other parameters) are in accordance with what we need.
5. Purchasers need to take the technical analysis. In order to import certain goods, we need to get the analysis result from our inspection centers. Insepction includes prices, quality, and some other details.
6. If supplier passes all above criteria, purchaser could open an audit notification. Those who pass the inspection could be included into supply chain. No matter which supplier is better, only the one who is in the supply chain could be qualified to supply goods.
7. Purchaser has initail commerical negotiation with suppliers. Normally, it will take about 3 months.
8. Two parts sign contracts.
9. Suppliers start to offer goods in small amount.
10. Purchasers review the small amount goods from suppliers. All the goods should be under strict inpsection.
11. If those goods pass inspection again, supplier's products will be on the list of purchaser product list.
12. Once supplier's goods are on the purchaser's product list, suppliers need to inspect their goods from time to time to make sure everything in order. The process will take around half a year. Credence is the most important thing.
12 steps should not be followed strictly, especially the credence. Once all 12 steps are well followed, you could make your purchase safely nad satisfied. So, you want to run risk or want to stay safe, it's all your decision. Finally, good luck to your global sourcing!