Community > Forums > Report & Verify Fraud > The Iphone Scam by THL Communications
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

The Iphone Scam by THL Communications 14 replies,3514 views

Hi I order an Iphone with THL Communications (us107018045)  recently, I ask them from the very begining if they would sell me a unit and they agree at the price of 300$ free shipping from UK odd since the company is suposse to be in US

They ask me to send the money by Western Union wich I did then instead of receiving an email with my shipping confirmation number I got his:

Hello Mr Antonio Molina

Please we want to give you the break down of what we are. Basically, we ought to ship out the items today but due to some certain reasons we cant be able to ship out. The BOD and CEO had meeting concerning your Order and they concluded that you should order 3Units more to Balance our company MOQ TERMS, make the remaining Payment 3Units so that we can ship out your order.

Samples for Mobile Phones are from 5-10Units for a start, but since you have placed an Order of 1Unit and we gave you 1Unit Extra for free at not cost.

So you need to make the Payment for the remaining to balance the MOQ ,so that we can ship out your order as Planned.

You should make the rest Balance Payment so we can be able to ship them out  today immediately.

We have registered your Items are they are all in good condition.

Registered Delivery Address

Apto 2, 68-A Calle Antera Mota,

Edificio Hnos Messon ,

Esquina Virginia Elena Ortea,

City: Puerto Plata

Registered Items:

5Units of Brand New Apple Iphone 3G 32GB

Plus 1 Apple iPhone 3G 8GB free unit.

Kind Regards

########################################################

So I replied this:

This smells scam!! I ask if buying a unit was ok, this is for my personnal use and I don't need 3 more units

Send the item or refund my cash

and this :

I filed a complaint at Alibaba.com

Then I got his from them :

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ALL THESE?

I TOLD YOU WHATS GOING ON AND YOU ARE SAYING IS A SCAM,WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS?

PLEASE TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT AM TRYING TO SAY HERE.

#########################################################

So I answer this :

You told me it was ok to buy one unit at 300$, I send the money and now you tell me I need to pay 3 more units or you won't ship?? why would I need 3 iphones?? This is not what we agréé, just send me the iphone I paid for or send the cash back

#########################################################

So they replied this :

Hello Mr Antonio

Thanks for your reply.

This issue came up when we where about shipping the phones out and by Boss said that you should add extra Units to your order to Comply with our company MOQ TERMS,he even instructed me to add 1unit extra free to compensate you.

Can you please call me so that we can settle this issue once and for all.

+447035941905.

Hoping to speak with you.

Regards

######################################################

I replied this :

First verify the phone number you gave me or atleast tell me where is it that I'm calling because I tried many times and it's not working

Second you where the one who agreed to sell me by the unit and must have known the company MOQ TERMS so it's your fault, you can buy the other two units out of your pockets. I'm not gonna pay for 2 other BEEP(censure) Iphones that I don't need, ship the item I requested and paid for now!! If you don't have a shipping confirmation number for me by your next reply I'll start making this public, I don't give a fliying BEEEP(censure) if you send me a hundred free Iphones for free, I just need ONE!!!!!!! Capish???

#######################################################

And they keep coming with their crap

What do you say? scam? no scam? I'm not sending them more money thats for sure

Share to:

The Iphone Scam by THL Communications
Please kindly be reminded that we have removed THL Communications from our site. We recommend you report this matter to your local police or law enforcement authorities as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Alibaba is continuously searching for solutions and techniques that can improve online trading safety. For your future online trading, please be cautious and use your own experience to choose proper suppliers. click here for more safe trading tips.
http://resources.alibaba.com/trade_safe/home.htm
Re: The Iphone Scam by THL Communications
ServiceTeam wrote:
Please kindly be reminded that we have removed THL Communications from our site. We recommend you report this matter to your local police or law enforcement authorities as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Alibaba is continuously searching for solutions and techniques that can improve online trading safety. For your future online trading, please be cautious and use your own experience to choose proper suppliers. click here for more safe trading tips.
http://resources.alibaba.com/trade_safe/home.htm
The Iphone Scam by THL Communications
please be carefull...they tried to scammed you. that is most of the supplier trick. they allowed you to buy 1 sample then when u done makde a payment, they make another story..itme cannot be send because MOQ, they have paid for the tax or shipping fees and bla bla bla... so try to not pay them anymore. and please asked them to refund yr money or not u logde a police report and to alibaba security team.
i dont understand why people pay using Western Union etc when there is no guarantee that you will receive the goods you are paying for. Why dont you use Paypal, Alipay or any other escrow company that will hold the money for both parties until you receive the goods. I cant beleive people are so stupid to send money to someone to the other side of the world, people they dont even know much about!
I would be wary of any trading offering you hundreds of Apple products. They are still difficult to source and if you are dealing with a distributor outside of Apple's official distribution channels then they would have had a difficult job rounding up those sorts of quantities. The average amount being bought and sold on http://www.phonelot.com/ is around 10 - 30 pcs per order

Average trading prices
iPad 64GB - €707

iPhone 4 -€737

iPhone 3GS 16GB - €499
iPhone 3GS 32GB - €597

Get in contact with me if you want to find out average prices of any models

dan@gsmexchange.com
we are both international trade and buyer safe service company in china.
A: The main product for us is to offer all kinds of USB flash drive, memory card laptop and desktop hard drive, SSD and SAS hard drive. motherboard, Ram ,CPU for factory price. ( we also need import a lot of old and second-hand CPU to sale in china, please contact to me if you can offer)
B: We can do your represent in china to offer you original china factory price and go to china factory that you want purchase directly to help you identify it true or fake in order to help you handle everything in china until you receive the goods. On the other hand, we can help you arrange the way of shipping in order to make you receive the goods quick and safe without any custom problem.
C: China police suggest that every friend must payment into china VIP account connect with golden card due to it must to deposit at least 80000 us dollar and must check every real personal information to open in china in order to avoid you was cheated by them and can be catch the scammer very easy and quick if you was cheated. We cooperation with government police and big lawyer to help you take money back and ask for more do compensate if you was cheated by Chinese scammer. ( only accept at least lose up 5000 us dollar and payment not receive goods)
msn: roc underscore fly underscore 886@hotmail dot com (underscore=_)
yahoo msn: honeyroc886@yahoo dot com
Being Scammed WON’T happen to you again!
Dear friend, there are too many scammers here. How can you do business successfully but not be scammed? What shall you do if you cannot make sure whether the supplier is real or not? How can the business activity become easier? Well, you can come to us. We can do that for you.
Email & MSN: ycliang999@163.com

http://img.alibaba.com/images/eng/style/icon/emoticons_angry.gif BEWARE: pjelectronicslimited@gmc mohammed Turayo turayoshop@yc Gbadeyan Morufa UK and Nigeria transaction +447024022530 they are all in the same industry of scam!!!!! i f*ing hate them! be careful!..i'll make sure they will go to prison! Just wait!
Being Scammed WON’T happen to you again!
Dear friend, there are too many scammers here. How can you do business successfully but you are not scammed? What shall you do if you cannot make sure whether the supplier is real or not? How can the business activity become easier? Well, you can come to us. We can do that for you. Email & MSN: ycli-ang999@hotmail.co.uk
Dear Mola514 ,

Thanks for letting us know your concerns. Alibaba.com Online Security Department has been assigned to look into your complaint. An email has also been sent to your registered Alibaba.com email address asking for more details. Please check your inbox and respond ASAP.

Our complaints resolution process is as follows:

1. Acknowledge complaint received from buyer
2. Request detailed evidence from buyer
3. Request detailed evidence from supplier
4. Resolve the complaint
- If it’s a normal trade dispute, we encourage both parties to settle it in good terms
- If it’s a fraud case, the supplier’s Alibaba.com account will be cancelled

If the supplier’s account is cancelled due to your complaint, you might be eligible for a refund from our Fair Play Fund. For details visit: http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/500013231/Fair_Play_Fund_Alibaba_com_s_Commitment_to_Buyer_Protection_.htm

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: