Community > Forums > Safe Trading Basics > [Forum Memeber's Share]Finding good suppliers
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

[Forum Memeber's Share]Finding good suppliers 335 replies,165633 views

Hello everyone,

I would like you to give some tips on how to find a reliable partner in china.

Like most of you, I am also just a simple man trying to find some cheap electronic products to sell and make some money. I don’t have a company just a regular folk. I have been scammed twice so far and finally I have found some let’s say reliable partner in china.

First of all, you must know that there is no original products cell phones and laptops in China at very low price like some of you expect.

The things that they are selling in china and tell you that it is original is actually high or bad quality copies. So the trust worthy supplier will tell you that at first place. I have seen some good tips on this forum about check them all out before you decide to do any shopping in china. In case, I forgot to write something down.

Go on the official site of the brand that you are looking for to find out as many data as you can, you can even find the codes that you type in the cell phone on which you can know if it is original one.

Always ask them for their business and export license, phone number, web site etc... and call them and see if all the data matches what they have gave you.

As far as I know, there is no legal way to export copies of electronic products from China, because the company could get caught by their custom and get in serious trouble if caught exporting copy products. I found out that they have specially arrangement with some shipping companies who does not check out the products which they are shipping, and another way is that they firstly ship them to Hong Kong and then to you. And some thing about that fraud companies that you complain to Alibaba that he does not verified them enough, they are all legal registered companies with business license to sell in China but what you need is company that has export license issued by the Chinese department of foreign trade ministry.

Google around the web on the forums to find out more about this company especially on the forums like this one.

And don’t take that crap about not paying tax or custom fee that is up to luck they can not know that whether your custom going to charge some extra fee. The best thing that they can do is send you as gift-wrap, but if you want to import larger quantities of electronics you will pay custom fee and tax(ask them if they can split that large order in small one and send it on the name of your relatives or friends and also as gift-wrap)

Ok now lets talk about laptops.

First you must know a difference between OEM/ODM (Google it to find out what that means).

There are some brands that uses OEM/ODM but some like IBM,APPLE does not use that and you can buy it only from certified dealers which are very hard to find in china. If company says to you that they are certified dealer of some brand laptops ask them to send you "third party certificate" and then check out at the factory is that certificate valid.

You can buy OEM/ODM laptops like Dell,Toshiba,HP. But you should always ask the supplier what is he selling you and ask them for warranty(for as i know only (OEM have internationally warranty)the others have warranty given only by supplier. If he tells you that you have internationally warranty tell him to give you serial number of laptop and warranty list so you can check it out on web or at the local supplier. I don’t know if i have mentioned everything but this is basic if you have any question you can contact me.. And don’t forget it, you can make some money buying products from china but don’t live in illusion that you can get filthy rich in just couple of month.

I wish you luck.

P.S.

Now there is also part 2 of this post so i would recommend to read it.

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/419740/Some_tips_about_how_to_find_a_good_supplier_part_2.htm

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

KAVANA I SLASTICARNA ZAGORJE
Safe buy in China ltd. is company specialized in finding and verification of suppliers and products in China.Finding right supplier for products you are looking for can be very complicated and risky, taking you... More

Share to:

Re: Some tips abot how to find a good supplier
This man knows his job,and whatever I asked him he gave me the best possible answer and I had good job thanx to him.Whatever you need to know just ask Zagy he knows the best :)

He knows what he is talking about. I was having too much doubts about choosing a company to buy some stuffs.

So, I talked to him (I saw this post) and he helped me on findind a nice supplier.

I received everything I ordered and everything is OK!

Talk to him! He can also help you.

Luciana Godri

Brazil

Re: Re: Some tips abot how to find a good supplier

hey zaggy can you please help me i am going to buy something from a company i dont knwo how to pm you so can you please tell me how can i ask you this question privatly.

Regards

Zagy,

Thank you for so much information and personalized assistance. I was paralyzed with the fear of getting scammed. I couldn't pull the trigger to order anything! Your expertise in the Chinese marketplace is remarkable, indeed. Here in sunny California, I am forever in your debt with gratitude and respect. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please allow me. THANKS!
Re: Re: Re: Some tips abot how to find a good supplier
Quoting from [Zeck]:

hey zaggy can you please help me i am going to buy something from a company i dont knwo how to pm you so can you please tell me how can i ask you this question privatly.

Regards

Yes you can send mail to me or contact me on my msn it is the same silvio.zagorec@gmail.com and i will see how i can help you.

Thx

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

KAVANA I SLASTICARNA ZAGORJE
Safe buy in China ltd. is company specialized in finding and verification of suppliers and products in China.Finding right supplier for products you are looking for can be very complicated and risky, taking you... More

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some tips abot how to find a good supplier
Quoting from [Zagy]:

Quoting from [Zeck]:

Regards

Yes you can send mail to me or contact me on my msn it is the same silvio.zagorec@gmail.com and i will see how i can help you.

Thx

Hi Zaggie and fellow traders,

Thanks for some very usefull information; 

I think the most basic teaching in your posting; is the matter of doing proper business analysis and investigation, before one blunders ahead and invest money in a business venture in a foreign country.

This rule does not only applies to doing business in China, but in any country for that matter.

I am of the opinion that it is incorrect to isolate China as a nation of dishonest traders. Theft is certainly a global problem.

Buyers, that at a drop a hat, make hasty investments are putting themselves at risk.

Keep up the good work Balkan'

kind regards,

Steve

steve-on_line@hotmail.com

[em19]

My supplier in China turned out to be unreliable, so I contacted Zagy after reading his tips on how to find a good supplier, part 1 & 2

Zaggy was very diligent & guided  me & located exactly what I needed.

I express tremedous gratitude to Zagy

Great job Zagy!

Hey there,

I too am looking for electronics, but only a sample for now of an HTC Touch Pro phone. Would you happen to know any honest seller that sells the real thing? Get back to me at a.mocella@gmail.com or a_mocella@hotmail.com thanks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Some tips abot how to find a good supplier
Quoting from [Zagy]:

Quoting from [Zeck]:

Regards

Thx

Hello guys,

I just would like to express my opinion about this good man.

It is very rare to find a person like Zagy that is ready to help and assist you in the same kind of business and not to take a penny as a reward. I am very thankful to have met this kind person on the Alibaba's website. His great contacts in China and also his reputation on Chinese market have helped me to get some very good quality products. With Zagy's help and assistance I have already made a couple of orders and haven't had any problem with either the quality or the delivery.

Zagy, I would like to thank you on behalf of all Alibaba members. Keep up the good work buddy. You are a great team player !!!

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: