Community > Forums > Safe Trading Basics > NOT WISE TO PAY T/T or PAYPAL
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

NOT WISE TO PAY T/T or PAYPAL 22 replies,31922 views

The matter of safe payments have been exhausted in the various forums; and still innocent buyers are being ripped off daily by Chinese thiefs,Companies and websites that allow the scamming rackets to continue.

It is commom knowledge thatChinese Companies are being shut down by the thousands due to the economic recession; and a lot of them are resorting to illegal trading.

The factual position from a buyers perpsective is simple and is certainly not open for debate. You pay you money and want your goods.

If you are paying cash up front you are at 100% risk to be taken to the cleaners and definately will be at some point.

The Chinese ,small electronic type, goods markets are littered with chinesethieves to say the least.

The only way, (unless you can do hand to hand trading),to pay for goods under say $3000 per shipmentwould be by ESCROW.

Sure you will pay a small fee but it is better than loosing your entire investment.

Hundredsof buyerare taken for a ride. The websites that facilitate these scams and the chinese authorities support and facilitate the illegal trading by virtue of their non participation to stop these crimes.

It is not as if they are not aware of the thefts taking place.Websites arefascilitating the scamming rackets ; they are the advertising platform for the criminals and do NOTHING ,ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stop it. It is disgracefull to say the least.

Howit should work?
  1. Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms
    Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information.

2. Buyer Pays The Escrow company
    The Buyer submits an available payment option. Escrow company verifies the payment. Processing time varies by payment method.

3. Seller Ships Merchandise
    Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. The Escrow company verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.

4. Buyer Accepts the Merchandise
    The Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise.

5. The Escrow Company Pays the Seller
    The Escrow company pays the Seller by the method selected by the Seller. The transaction is complete.
What are the benefits?

An accredited escrow company, acts as a secure third party to protect the Buyer and Seller.

How Buyers are protected:

• The Escrow company tracks the shipped merchandise and verifies it was delivered.
  • The Seller isn't paid until the Buyer accepts the merchandise, or the inspection period expires.

How Sellers are protected:

• The Escrow company confirms when the Buyer receives merchandise.
  • The Seller is authorized to ship only after the Escrow company verifies good funds.

Buyers trying to earn a living have little options and will continue to run the gauntlet, as I do, im afraid.

DO NOT PAY T/T OR PAYPAL -you have a better chance at the local **** Joint and if you are lucky maybe a few drinks and pretty girls.

steve_on_line@hotmail.com

Share to:

Re: NOT WISE TO PAY T/T or PAYPAL
It's helpful!!!

Thanks.[em3]
I have to agree with Steve. I didn't buy on Alibaba but maybe I would have come out better. I used the Made-In-China Portal and the company responded to an inquiry I made about their product. I was emailed the pictures of the clothing and the sizes, numbers of pieces etc. Needless to say after spending $2350.00 what I received was a delivery that says on the packing slip that it is a sample order consisting of 300 pieces valued at $90.00. I'm catching hell trying to convince the portal manager that what I ordered isn't what was received. I've sent them all the emails, pictures, invoice numbers and everything. Whoever is reading this stay away from Made-In-China.com, Beautiful Butterfly, Ever-beauty they are all in collusion and thieves of the highest degree.
unwindandigniteI, okay, what you're seeing there is the company in China wanting to save you the hassle of customs and duties. It always says sample, and the price is ALWAYS understated, not sure where you're from, but in Australia, if something coming into the country is over $1000, Customs usually hold your goods until you pay the duty and tax on the merchandise.
How can i become an accredited escrow company
The points in this post are copied virtually verbatim from escrow.com. Although it may be a valid point, there are means other than escrow to foil scammers.
Thanks
Thanks for the info Steve,much appreciated![em19]
Reply #
OWORLD wrote:
unwindandigniteI, okay, what you're seeing there is the company in China wanting to save you the hassle of customs and duties. It always says sample, and the price is ALWAYS understated, not sure where you're from, but in Australia, if something coming into the country is over $1000, Customs usually hold your goods until you pay the duty and tax on the merchandise.
Yes, you are correct. Some people can do business and some can not.
If you are not familar with chinese local market, you'd better find a sourcing agent to help you, they can help to choose the best supplier and quality control, we are an agent like that, and willing to find a way to aid your business in china. find us by: ray-china1988 at hotmail dot com
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

supply all your business service here in china!
we are a service SOHO in Shijiazhuang City, we can help you find the right products, inspection products and factory, supervision the delivery of the products, business translation, business trip guide Etc. More

ESCROW IS A SCAM

ESCROW IS A SCAM, THE SUPPLIER PLAIN REFUSED TO DELIVER THE ITEMS, I ASKED ESCROW TO REFUND MY PAYMENT, GOT ONE EMAIL AFTER 48 HRS, AND NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN, MY ENTIRE PAYMENT IS SITTING WITH THESE CHINESE C**TS. 

STAY AWAY FROM ESCROW

Reply # 10

Im only new to this and still researching whether I should buy from here, but from the sound of it this escrow service doesnt sound like what it lives up to be.

http://news.alibaba.com/article/detail/help/100576702-1-when-do-i-release-money.html

Doesnt explain when funds are released via express shipment? I get the impression this service seems to protect more the seller than the buyer. 

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: