Community > Forums > Minerals, Metal & Materials > Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites 85 replies,45964 views

In scrap metal import/export, there are certain things that come handy.
1.Chemical Analysis report- Obtain a chemical analysis report of goods in question from reputable Laboratory and send with every quote.It makes it easy for buyer to decide early.
2.Pictures from Scrapyard- This gives an idea to the buyer of contents of scrap.Copper scrap from wires, pipes and utensils have diferent rates.
3.Performance ****- As seller, you are required to provide Counter **** @2% normaly,against L/C value.
4.Inspection Agency- To authenticate quality and quantity of goods despatched.
5.Possession Certificate- In order to quote, autheticated certificate of possession of goods is demanded by buyers.
6.Certificate of origin- Plays an important role in deciding buying decisions
7.Shipping Line-Dedicated shipping lines to carry loads in barges are important for bulk cargo movements.

Sixer

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Vishwanath Agencies
We work as an extention of your company in marketing, Consultancy and sourcing activities, keeping your interest in mind as top priority. Sourcing-we ensure supplies and services at affordable price for quality ... More

Share to:

Re: Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites
Replying to [sixer]:thank you sixer its real good information provided by you
Depend by what kind of metal scrap we talk.For example,NO one will offer a chemical analise for HMS1 or HMS1/2.
Used Rails and Non-Ferous scrap...............yes,all the time
If the deal is close trough a re-seller, never the inspection to the scrap yard is allowed .
As per my experience,the bigger problem to buy the scrap direct from the yard owners is the payment.Can be easy to buy if pay in cash,and very difficult when want to use a L/C.
Re: Re: Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites
Replying to [iulianap]:Dear iulianap,
Your observations are right about HMS 1&2. Analysis in not available.
My post is general in nature, not specific.

Sixer
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Vishwanath Agencies
We work as an extention of your company in marketing, Consultancy and sourcing activities, keeping your interest in mind as top priority. Sourcing-we ensure supplies and services at affordable price for quality ... More

Replying to [sixer]:

This is a good information to know, however, the contents of this list, is it due to your experience with importing/exporting scrap metals or something you have compiled by talking to experts in government and individuals?

Best Regards,

Ray
E-mail address deleted by Mod.Please use TM

Replying to [sixer]:
its worth reading.[em1]
Re: Re: Re: Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites
Replying to [sixer]:
You may be referring to the metal scrap in its original form, right from the mills, where there is a MIL Specification.

This certification of chemical composition may not be possible or feasible, as the steel rail has to be sampled and it will not be as to original specs., as the scrap metal has been exposed to heat, oxidation, stress and wear and tear.

One has to base the composition of steel and other metals by its grade. There are 68 International societies who grade metals and here are some of them:

ASTM, SAE, AISI, UNS, API, EN, ISO, DIN, SEW, BS, NF, GOST, GB, GBIT, YB, JIS, IS, CSN, STN and others.

The metals are graded according to their:

chemical composition
mechanical properties
products and shape
dimensions and tolerances
heat treatment
hardness

One example of the ASTM A600 composition:

Chemical Composition
Grade M1
UNS T11301
Standard ASTM A600
Country USA
Old / Other name Type M1

Heat Analysis
Element Grade Min. Max.
Carbon C 0.78 0.88
Chromium Cr 3.5 4.0
Manganese Mn 0.15 0.4
Molybdenum Mo 8.2 9.2
Nickel + Copper Ni + Cu 0.75
Phosphorus P 0.03
Silicon Si 0.2 0.5
Sulfur S 0.03
Tungsten W 1.4 2.1
Vanadium V 1.0 1.35
Cu, Cr : optional 0.7500

Re: Re: Re: Re: Metal Scrap Import/Export-Some pre-requisites
Quoting from[**** Moby]:

Replying to [sixer]:

You may be referring to the metal scrap in its original form, right from the mills, where there is a MIL Specification.

This certification of chemical composition may not be possible or feasible, as the steel rail has to be sampled and it will not be as to original specs., as the scrap metal has been exposed to heat, oxidation, stress and wear and tear.

One has to base the composition of steel and other metals by its grade. There are 68 International societies who grade metals and here are some of them:

ASTM, SAE, AISI, UNS, API, EN, ISO, DIN, SEW, BS, NF, GOST, GB, GBIT, YB, JIS, IS, CSN, STN and others.

The metals are graded according to their:

chemical composition

mechanical properties

producs and shape

dimensions and tolerances

heat treatment

hardness

One example of the ASTM A600 composition:

Chemical Composition

Grade M1

UNS T11301

Standard ASTM A600

Country USA

Old / Other name Type M1

Heat Analysis

Element Grade Min. Max.

Carbon C 0.78 0.88

Chromium Cr 3.5 4.0

Manganese Mn 0.15 0.4

Molybdenum Mo 8.2 9.2

Nickel + Copper Ni + Cu 0.75

Phosphorus P 0.03

Silicon Si 0.2 0.5

Sulfur S 0.03

Tungsten W 1.4 2.1

Vanadium V 1.0 1.35

Cu, Cr : optional 0.7500

Dear Richard Ong,

Thankyou for usefful information on steel.Hope to see more useful inputs from you.

As I mentioned in reply to Iulianap, my post is not scrap specific, it is general in nature and relates more to non-ferrous scrap.

Sixer

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Vishwanath Agencies

Replying to [sixer]:[em19][em16]

I would like to thank you for such guidance.
Can I ask a question. We are in media field and new to scrap trading as a marketer: The seller is a primitive Arab trader is selling 12 million rails scrap and HMS1&2 bought from African governmental departments.

He has no trust in the overseas traders and is offering his goods at the follwing terms which is rejected by the majority of potential buyers. What I can do?:

* Minimum purchased quantities: 250,000 MT
* Terms of payment: 1% wire transfer or cash down-payment of the entire deal payable upon signing the seller-buyer officially attested agreement and the inspection of the goods at seller's site. In return the seller will give the buyer an attested certificate to authorize him to reserve the quantity, re-sell it and payback via L/C in addition, the First trial shipment (5000 MT) within 60 days after receiving the down-payment will be sent to the buyer with no extra charge.

* After 14 days of receiving the trial shipment the buyer should issue a Transferable, Irrevocable Confirmed Letter of Credit (L/C)

* Performance Bond: 2% upon receiving the L/C.

Thank you in advance.
Magdy
Quoting from [magdytv]:

Can I ask a question. We are in media field and new to scrap trading as a marketer: The seller is a primitive Arab trader is selling 12 million rails scrap and HMS1&2 bought from African governmental departments.

He has no trust in the overseas traders and is offering his goods at the follwing terms which is rejected by the majority of potential buyers. What I can do?:

* Terms of payment: 1% wire transfer or cash down-payment of the entire deal payable upon signing the seller-buyer officially attested agreement and the inspection of the goods at seller's site. In return the seller will give the buyer an attested certificate to authorize him to reserve the quantity, re-sell it and payback via L/C in addition, the First trial shipment (5000 MT) within 60 days after receiving the down-payment will be sent to the buyer with no extra charge.

* After 14 days of receiving the trial shipment the buyer should issue a Transferable, Irrevocable Confirmed Letter of Credit (L/C)

Thank you in advance.

Magdy

.It look unclear and I don't understand why he want cash  in advance for whole quantity and first trail ashipment after 60 days ????

Something is wrong.If i am in your place i stay away by this deal

Quoting from [magdytv]:

Thank you in advance.

Magdy

Dear Magdy,

Please ask seller to provide Proof Of Possession and Bank Comfort letter before proceeding with the deal.

You must also ask the port of lading, and capacity of the port(What quantity the port can handle on monthlt basis).

What will be quantum of supplies per month

Find suitable port for delivery

Insist on CIF rates

Insist for PBG for 1% and initial 5000MT amount beforehand, if he is a scammer he will stop corresponding.Do not part with any money till you are covered.

For information, deals are normaly in multiples of 30,000 MT/per month and for 12 months.

I hope that matter is clear.ask for any other doubt.

Sixer

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Vishwanath Agencies

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: