Community > Forums > Payment & Finance > Term of payment
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Term of payment 6 replies,3478 views

Hi,

I am going to order some items to 1 company in China,

They suggested that all quoted parts F.O.B. Shenzhen, China with the term of payment : COD, Credit card or TT in advance.

Plz kindly let me know the kind of payment term is safe for us?

Thank you for your support in advance,

Share to:

Re: term of payment
Quoting from [phamhuongvn]:

Hi,

They suggested that all quoted parts F.O.B. Shenzhen, China with the term of payment : COD, Credit card or TT in advance.

Better to use LC instead of TT advance. But it depends on your order. IF the order is too small, no supplier cannot bare the bank charges to those small order. They prefer TT.

In your case, the supplier is asking FOB Shenzen, you can arrange the shipping which is secure for you. That mean the supplier will get payment after your selected forwarding service issue AWB or BL to your supplier and with the copy of that he can only get the payment. This is called TT against Document.

You need to catch up with the forwarding service though.

Re: Re: term of payment
Quoting from [Theon]:

Hi,

Better to use LC instead of TT advance. But it depends on your order. IF the order is too small, no supplier cannot bare the bank charges to those small order. They prefer TT.

In your case, the supplier is asking FOB Shenzen, you can arrange the shipping which is secure for you. That mean the supplier will get payment after your selected forwarding service issue AWB or BL to your supplier and with the copy of that he can only get the payment. This is called TT against Document.

You need to catch up with the forwarding service though.

Thanks for all your help
Re: Term of payment

Hi,

Hi,

COD
In this case COD is the best for you, you only pay after the delivery in Shenzhen has been finished successfully. I am a bit puzzled that a supplier offers you this payment term voluntarily, however. Better to clear the details how exactly do they understand COD.

c[ ]

Hi,

Before you pay, just make sure that the consignment that you receive contains the goods as per your specification - and not some junk!

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: