Community > Forums > Payment & Finance > SUPPLIER REQUEST TO PAY TO PERSONAL ACCOUNT!
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines
Re: Re: SUPPLIER REQUEST TO PAY TO PERSONAL ACCOUNT!
Quoting from [Trollslayer]:

Yes the rat smells very bad.

If you pass payment to his personal account not only do you run the risk that this is a scammer but you also run into legal problems over who is actually supplying the goods.

In most countries if you do this the money would be considered a gift to the recipient from yourself. Which is probably why this scammer wants you to do this.

If for personel account,it is no for business!
Re: SUPPLIER REQUEST TO PAY TO PERSONAL ACCOUNT!
PAY INTO BUSINESS ACCOUNT, AS THAT IS THE BEST PRACTICE. WHEREAS IF SELLER IS KNOWN PERSONALLY THEN PERSONAL ACCOUNT MAY BE ENTERTAINED. BUT THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO DO BUSINESS.

CHERIAN[em19]
Quoting from [cipen]:

Can anyone advice is it is norm for supplier request for order payment to be TT to his personel account? The reason is that their company has currency problem and cannot receive the USD payment. But his personal account can receive up to USD50K!!!!!!!

I was told his company trade in access of USD200Mil.

Is this normal? As an experienced international trader, I smell "RAT"

Sometime the client will sent us SAMPLE fee by Western Union due to the banking charge need around US$30-45, but if need to main order, better sent to there company account, because:

1. You didn't know are the Sales Manager buying with another factory (No quanlity quanlity gurantee)

2. I don't think the company without US$ account. (because all export company or factory will received US$ much)

3. If that person already resign will be leave this company after a week/month (how can you find him/her)

*So i suggest you asking him to open US$ account, if they want to doing business with you, otherwise will find another supplier, this is the BEST way to doing business*

**Only very small amount  will sent to there own personal account**

Quoting from [cipen]:

Can anyone advice is it is norm for supplier request for order payment to be TT to his personel account? The reason is that their company has currency problem and cannot receive the USD payment. But his personal account can receive up to USD50K!!!!!!!

He is a Spam. Be carefull!!!
Quoting from [cipen]:

Be careful. It seems a scammer.
Re: Re: SUPPLIER REQUEST TO PAY TO PERSONAL ACCOUNT!
Quoting from [DrPalms]:

No it is not the norm. Furthermore you can check with the country involved through their commercial attache in their Embassy in your country to verify what I seriously doubt as to private accounts having a $50,000 exemption from the law.

TT is never acceptable on on initial new supplier transaction. You could risk paypal.com if you make it clear on the tranmittal under what circumstance is is agreed you are entitled to a refund and try to get paypal.com to hold the payment in escrow until you have received delivery. Make certain PayPal is insuring the transaction in the event of non-delivery

Otherwise use LOC with inspection letter recquired at port of disembarcation.

Want to confirm their turnover? Ask to speak to their bank office or attorney or accountant.You could try the national economic development like HKTDC or the commercial attache in their embassy in your country, or your own SBA or USDOCI have never sent a TT except from PayPal to my own account or for good already received, i.e. payment after delivery.

Best answer Instead of you trusting him , is to suggest that since in your country legal systems are better organized from recovery, that instead he trust you s\instead. Paying in advance because someone doesn't trust you...makes no sense, if he doesn't concurrently offer you a way not to have to trust him either.

Paypal is not good for big amount payment,because it would deduct a high handl charge,and the rat is much lower than currency rate,and the supplier would not accept it.

If the amount is big,can do it as LC,but the handle charge is also very high,but it's safe.Can confer with the supplier on the handle fee.

To personal account,if you know the supplier well,can do it.I think the supplier want you to pay in their personal account,because they want to avoid the high tax fee.

Quoting from [cipen]:

i think it is not common in the trade

if you trust ,just can do that to use personel account.but some times it is risk[em15]

Quoting from [cipen]:

there maybe some risk .be carefull in your choice
Quoting from [cipen]:

there maybe some risk .be carefull in your choice.hope you are succesfull in your business and get more benifit.

yours

Lily[em1]

Re: Re: Re: SUPPLIER REQUEST TO PAY TO PERSONAL ACCOUNT!
Quoting from [Ricky Lau]:

Quoting from [Trollslayer]:

Yes the rat smells very bad.

If you pass payment to his personal account not only do you run the risk that this is a scammer but you also run into legal problems over who is actually supplying the goods.

In most countries if you do this the money would be considered a gift to the recipient from yourself. Which is probably why this scammer wants you to do this.

If for personel account,it is no for business!

There are three possiblities in which a seller is asking for payment to their private account.

First, this is a SOHO business which doesnot have factory or export license. Even if they are scammers, there are still a risk when there is problem with the quality. It is difficlt to get conpensated from a SOHO.

Second, this is a Factory without export license. In China, A business who have a foreign currency account must have an export license, either it is trading company or factory. Doing business without an export license is also a risk as there is no proof that shows you remit the payment and the factory can deny any deal with you simply saying they havenot received your money. You cannot take any legal action against them only showing the money was paid to a private account.

Third, this person who deal with you are trying to earn his money even if the company he works have foreign currency account. Many buyers have no idea who they are dealing with, a person or the company. 

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: