Community > Forums > Safe Trading Basics > 7 steps to identify scammers.
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines
Re: New ways to identify scammers. 7 advices
Thank you for your information. I have placed an order with a company called McPlaza Electronic Co. Ltd at 56 Queen's Road East, Wanchai - Hong Kong, Hong Kong. Phone 852-9642-3421. They accepted payment through paypal but with a name other than McPlaza. I decided to email the address where money was to be sent. It was an individual and he informed me that he had nothing to do with this transaction and had denied my payment. Thank goodness for this honest man! Mr. Blijah Hassan was the name of the person who was supposed to be working for McPlaza. Funny thing about this purchase is they kept pushing for me to send second half of payment via Western Union. I refused. Then they said they enclosed two laptops, which I had not ordered but had inquired about, and they wanted me to send $1300 via ...Western Union. I refused and said I would send the laptops back. Then they said they needed $850 for customs fees. I said then cancel the order because I wasn't sending anything else. They said, oh no you misunderstand. Funny thing is I haven't heard from McPlaza or Mr. Hassan since the 25th of April, 2 days ago.
Re: Re: New ways to identify scammers. 7 advices
Replying to [almeida05]:check collect does not existe on the address they give you be careful.this is the number 02082018998 for the address they give you , i phone this number confirm the address but no check collect there.
Replying to [bsanssouci]:
you offer me a price uder our cost and claim that you have many other offers who even offer you lower price, i mentioned you be careful and you did not, so you were scammed!
Replying to [bsanssouci]:
THE 8TH PRINCIPLE IS THAT: DONT TRUST THE ONE WHO MAKE YOU OVER HAPPY!
Replying to [ash28]:

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and am glad to have come accross this section of Alibaba.

My question is..... has anyone come accross this company: http://www.wto12718.com/ They sell all types of 'branded' products at unbelievable prices.

I believe it's a scam and wonder if anyone has successfully purchased products and actually recieved them.

I tried ringing them from Ireland but the number won't ring [it could be that I'm not using the correct codes etc] Also they are very much in favour of Western Union which is a scammers no 1 form of payment. I also did a 'who-is' on the URL and it's not throwing out any info....suspicious!

Any ideas? I especially want to hear from anyone working nearby in the HaiDian District, Beijing. Thats if they actually operate from there at all.

I know what they say: 'if it's too good to be true it probably is'

Any input would be much appreciated

Regards.
Dermot
Re: Re: Re: New ways to identify scammers. 7 advices
You can get WHOIS data here:

http://dnstools.com/?lookup=on&wwwhois=on&portNum=80&target=wto12718.com&submit=Get+Info

But, you already know the answer. Of course that site is just another scam [em1]

You can always hire someone to verify Chinese companies, if you want definite answers, but in this case it is a waste of money.

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/17109/List_of_Chinese_Helpers_verify_source_inspect_and_or_report_.htm
Re: Re: Re: Re: New ways to identify scammers. 7 advices
Replying to [FraudWatchersDotOrg]:

It's just the greedy side of me wants to believe it is for real...lol[em1]

Is there any section here where known scammer websites can be listed so others don't get stung. I'm sure they are defrauding people on a regular basis.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New ways to identify scammers. 7 advices
Beyond this forum, no [em1]
Hi, can you elp me? my email is: Moderator: To prevent spam, do not post your email address
Do you mean this?

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/43784/Information_about_payment_and_not_receive_the_payment.htm

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: