Community > Forums > Food & Agriculture > Pollination in a greenhouse
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Pollination in a greenhouse 6 replies,2676 views

In open nature, pollination is realised by insects and wind.
A greenhouse is a covered production medium.
How is pollination realised inside the greenhouse,then ?

Yarenimex
Share to:

Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Quoting from [yarenimex]:

In open nature, pollination is realised by insects and wind.

A greenhouse is a covered production medium.

How is pollination realised inside the greenhouse,then ?

Yarenimex

Sometimes it is necessary to hand pollinate.  Sometimes it is enough  just to shake the plant.
Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Replying to [yarenimex]: People may not realize this but for decades large and small greenhouse facilities have been using varieties of bees to pollinate both crops and flowers. Locally we have two greenhouses one small and one large that as a part of their business also sell some of the best sweetest honey in the state.

Regards,

Ranger
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Me Tech Supply
ME Tech Supply a D. B. A provides sourcing solutions for both small and medium sized businesses. We are members of the GSAA whose Agents have verified more than 2. 5 million companies World WideWe offer low cos... More

Re: Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Replying to [Ranger]:

Dear Ranger,

It is very important and nice for all that friends having agricultural background and practices like you,to participate the agricultural forum to achieve the correct answers rather than guesses.

Since you harvets honey,too, you must have been using normal honey bees. There is another special kind of bee called "Bambus Bee" used just for greenhouse pollination purpose, colonies of which is also traded..

Yarenimex
Re: Re: Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Replying to [yarenimex]: Are you talking about the "Blue Banded Bee"? I have heard of them but I believe that this bee or type of bee comes from Australia. IM unaware if they are good for honey harvesting but then maybe that would be another topic to get some answers on as Im not qualified in Aphiology.

Ranger
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Me Tech Supply
ME Tech Supply a D. B. A provides sourcing solutions for both small and medium sized businesses. We are members of the GSAA whose Agents have verified more than 2. 5 million companies World WideWe offer low cos... More

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Replying to [Ranger]:

These bumble bees( called also as humlebees) are black-yellow banded and have more and longer hair than normal honey bees. They are not good honey makers.They produce honey that will be eneough for their 3 days-needs only..So no honey harvest.I know Holland is one of the countries that exports them in EU region...

Yarenimex
Re: Re: Pollination in a greenhouse
Quoting from [kivi]

Sometimes it is necessary to hand pollinate. Sometimes it is enough just to shake the plant.

Hand pollination is appropriate for self pollinating plants such as Tomato's (which can also be pollinated by "thumping" them).   For non-self-pollinating plants you could grow the male plant seperately and use it to pollinate your greenhouse full of females.

Most female plants (from my experience) show a slowing of growth when pollination occurs, this allows you to decide when is the best time for fruiting.

Again, just my two cents[em1]

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: