Community > Forums > Australia Forum > DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA. 37 replies,16066 views

In my somewhat substantial experience, 99.9% (yes, that's 999 in every 1,000) of mainland China suppliers of consumer electronics are either scammers or their product is uncertified for legal sale in developed countries. 

New comers should punch "gold member" into the "Search Forums" panel at top of this page to get a little insight into the horrific extent of the scams. 

Concerning certification, you need UL, CE or A-Tick certificates for legal resale of most types of electronic products is USA, EU and Australia respectively. Of the tens of thousands of Chinese electronic products listed on Alibaba, you could count on one hand those products which are properly certified. In other words, DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.  

Share to:

Re: DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.
Quoting from [Aussie]:

In my somewhat substantial experience, 99.9% (yes, that's 999 in every 1,000) of mainland China suppliers of consumer electronics are either scammers or their product is uncertified for legal sale in developed countries. 

New comers should punch "gold member" into the "Search Forums" panel at top of this page to get a little insight into the horrific extent of the scams. 

Concerning certification, you need UL, CE or A-Tick certificates for legal resale of most types of electronic products is USA, EU and Australia respectively. Of the tens of thousands of Chinese electronic products listed on Alibaba, you could count on one hand those products which are properly certified. In other words, DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.  

There are many fine electronic  products made in China but  they are generally made under the supervision and branding of big companies such as Nikon , Sony, Motorola, Nokia, HP etc.  

The Chinese worker is certainly able to make fine products but a management that is dedicated to protecting their brands reputation as well as their customer's interest is needed.

If one buys a no name product from China where price is the only thought, they are likely to get sub standard goods.  
Quoting from [Aussie]:

Yes, In China, there is so many electronics need the Cerfificate, only some very big Group company afford to the cerfification standard such to meet the Europe standard. there is so many cerfificate needed, and electronics includes so many components need to source from wide range of components suppliers, and who knows whether the material meets the standard, that is really a problem to China, only big company can do it, most of companies still can not ensure about it. but export to developing and undevelop countries is ok.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Shenzhen Kenny Service Office
Shenzhen Kenny Service Office created by Kenny Gao, Coming from Shenzhen Guangdong, China, and his hometown is in Shantou City, . Graduated from Capital University of Economics and Business, with more than 7 year... More

Quoting from [Aussie]:

I agree with you on this.
Re: Re: DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.
Quoting from [kivi]:

Quoting from [Aussie]:

There are many fine electronic  products made in China but  they are generally made under the supervision and branding of big companies such as Nikon , Sony, Motorola, Nokia, HP etc.  

The Chinese worker is certainly able to make fine products but a management that is dedicated to protecting their brands reputation as well as their customer's interest is needed.

If one buys a no name product from China where price is the only thought, they are likely to get sub standard goods.  

If you just get proper cert you will not have to defend i would think.
Quoting from [Aussie]:

If no import electronic's from China then do you know any lead's from other country?
Re: Re: DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.

There's two top Chinese phones which are properly certified for legal sale in USA but MOQ is around 1,000 units. Outside of China, there's no opportunity to deal direct with factories ... you have no choice but to buy from your own USA distributors (unless of course you want to go direct to the likes of Samsung and talk a multi-million dollar order). 

To further explain:

Sadly, 99.9% of all prescribed electronic products offered by mainland China sellers are not certified for legal resale in most other countries - certifications like CE, UL, FCC, A-Tick, C-Tick, etc, etc, depending on the country of destination. 

There are two key reasons why most Chinese electronic (and electrical) products are not certified for legal sale in other countries:-

First, many Chinese products do not meet the minimum safety design standards and thus could never be certified.

Second, certification is too expensive for those Chinese suppliers who do make good product. For example, getting USA/UL certification for a humble little 9 volt battery smoke alarm costs $100,000USD (yet there are many Chinese made smoke alarms which would meet the UL standard if the Chunese factories could afford the UL certification).

That little smoke alarm example extends to the thousands of different sorts of Chinese electronic and electrical products - right down to every mains power electrical cord and electrical plug associated with the devices.

The same applies to any device which emits radio signals, like mobile phones and Bluetooth type producs -  which must be lab tested/certified for safe level of radio emissions. 

Consumer safety is the reason compulsory certification exists in all developed countries. Poorly made mains power electrical components can kill people while excess radio emissions can cause health problems and interfere with other equipment.   

Re: Re: Re: DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.
Quoting from [Aussie]:

There's two top Chinese phones which are properly certified for legal sale in USA but MOQ is around 1,000 units. Outside of China, there's no opportunity to deal direct with factories ... you have no choice but to buy from your own USA distributors (unless of course you want to go direct to the likes of Samsung and talk a multi-million dollar order). 

Hello,

Could you please tell me these two top companies? Thank you

Cheers

Amanda

Re: Re: Re: Re: DO NOT IMPORT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS FROM CHINA.
Hello Amanda, please contact me by TM for this info.  [em1]

hello,

i'm just a chinese export,our company manufacture the steel wheels ,but  i don;t agree with you ,you said my country so terrible .I think  many of the exporter is good ,just a little will cheat  the customer .

Business is a long business,any company  want to have a big market and earn more money ,if they cheat you ,and they can't  do the business any more .I think noperson want to do this business.

In any time ,pls trust  the chinese exporter ,many company have good reputation ,good quality ,and the service .

when you need the products ,pls feel free to contact chinese manufacturer ,they will give you the superise next time .

best  regards,

colin

Quoting from [Aussie]:

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: