Community > Forums > Report & Verify Fraud > could be an effective method for verifying scammers.
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

could be an effective method for verifying scammers. 3 replies,1116 views

I have an idea, which may help people to verify the scammers and real business people. As we all know that scammers always claim they earn millions of dollars annually, and most successful companies have webcams for computer (for communication). well what i propose is while you are having a good chat with the scammers, why not ask them to turn on their web cam for a better communication(it also helps innocent buyers to identify whether the person they talking to are legitimate).

i wont be surprise if they say: "we can't use a camera, or we don't have a camera?"

You can always argue by saying:" we are the customers, and if we are to do business, I need to know who i am dealing with, since this involves the internet where scams usually occur, identification is of most important especially when buying something".

I wont be surprise if they say things like:" we are gold certified members, trustpass, You can trust us." (all those are b*****t)

so all you have to say is: well if you are not willing to use webcam as a modern way of communicating, then just forget about doing business ( i mean a webcam doesn't cost much, no excuse for them to lie)".

well that is all my advice about how to verify a scammer, just note this, You are the customer, and customers are always right. Dont let the scammers over power you. [em2][em18]

NO SWEARING MOD

Share to:

Re: could be an effective method for verifying scammers.
Quoting from [echa106]:

I have an idea, which may help people to verify the scammers and real business people. As we all know that scammers always claim they earn millions of dollars annually, and most successful companies have webcams for computer (for communication). well what i propose is while you are having a good chat with the scammers, why not ask them to turn on their web cam for a better communication(it also helps innocent buyers to identify whether the person they talking to are legitimate).

i wont be surprise if they say: "we can't use a camera, or we don't have a camera?"

You can always argue by saying:" we are the customers, and if we are to do business, I need to know who i am dealing with, since this involves the internet where scams usually occur, identification is of most important especially when buying something".

I wont be surprise if they say things like:" we are gold certified members, trustp *, You can trust us." (all those are b*****t)

so all you have to say is: well if you are not willing to use webcam as a modern way of communicating, then just forget about doing business ( i mean a webcam doesn't cost much, no excuse for them to lie)".

well that is all my advice about how to verify a scammer, just note this, You are the customer, and customers are always right. Dont let the scammers over power you. [em2][em18]

Hello,

How do I make a complaint against a Gold Supplier for stealing my Money?

Fraud, Etc..

The company name is:

(name of the thief)

Helen Yuan

Everest Digital Technology Co., Ltd.

Gold Supplier in Alibaba

http://Everest.En.Alibaba.com

They stole $940.00 from me for samples, by sending me crap I did not order. She claims the shipping company sent the wrong order, yeah and I'm really stupid.

When I asked her to take back the phones, she insisted I sell them to get my money back. The are not worth $400.00 retail, a real stupid scam.

But she cheated me. After a lot of complaining and sending about 300 annoying emails to her, she wants me to  send the crap back to her, which leaves me with zero. I would not trust sending her nothing.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. It is amazing how many scammers are on Alibaba. Real sad.

Can I post the complaint against them on your site or theirs.

Thank You,

Michael

Re: Re: could be an effective method for verifying scammers.
Quoting from [michaeltaller]:

Quoting from [echa106]:

I wont be surprise if they say things like:" we are gold certified members, trustp *, You can trust us." (all those are b******)

Hello,

How do I make a complaint against a Gold Supplier for stealing my Money?

Fraud, Etc..

The company name is:

(name of the thief)

Helen Yuan

Everest Digital Technology Co., Ltd.

Gold Supplier in Alibaba

They stole $940.00 from me for samples, by sending me crap I did not order. She claims the shipping company sent the wrong order, yeah and I'm really stupid.

When I asked her to take back the phones, she insisted I sell them to get my money back. The are not worth $400.00 retail, a real stupid scam.

But she cheated me. After a lot of complaining and sending about 300 annoying emails to her, she wants me to send the crap back to her, which leaves me with zero. I would not trust sending her nothing.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. It is amazing how many scammers are on Alibaba. Real sad.

Can I post the complaint against them on your site or theirs.

Thank You,

Michael

Hey i am really sorry to hear that you lost your money, but i have to admit, I lost nearly 2000US, i never got it back, it was a rather harsh lesson, but I will treasure this lesson. Just be glad that you did not lose a life saving of money. I have high doubt that alibaba can do anything, as we all know this world is filled with greedy people.

And just in case you want to trade again, don't and I mean don't bother looking for branded goods, it will be a waste of time. But if you really want to sell stuff from China, you can either hire an agent or save up and go to china when conference occurs. I suggest you go to www.globalsourcedirect.com to get info about the conference info, and also these guys are legit wholesalers, but they sell mainly non- branded stuff, the branded stuff are rather expensive.

So yea, sorry i can't help, but to give you advice of having a safer trade.
Re: could be an effective method for verifying scammers.
Quoting from [echa106]:

This is a way to get the scammer to show their face for sure, and most real scammers would not want to put their face on show.

But remember one real factor that can cause this to go wrong!

Many scammers would have a office, and sure pay for Gold membership, so these people would have staff working for them, and not all people would be aware of the situation, sure they take money and not send the goods maybe, but the sales person may not know the supplier is scamming buyers until negitive replies come forward from the buyers later, so the MSN camera pics would be of ? someone who works for them! so you really need to know who this person is and what part they have in the company.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: