Community > Forums > Shipping & Inspection > HMS 1/2 40 ft container weight?
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

HMS 1/2 40 ft container weight? 11 replies,15445 views

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I have been following HMS 1/2 trading just for a few weeks now. Can anyone please help me with a basic question?

How much approximately scrap HMS 1/2 can be stacked into a 20 ft container? how about a 40 ft?

Cheers,

Tim

Share to:

Re: HMS 1/2 40 ft container weight?
The max pay load per 20' is about 18 tons and 40' can have max payload of 25 tons like that ... trust that clarifies !!!

Dear Tim, Its basically depend on what kind of scrap you have and in what sizes. As you have mentioned that it is HMS1/2 then lines take it in only 20 feet container wherein you can stuff arround 25 to 25 mt only. Lines do not preffer to give 40 feet containers for HMS.

If you have hms you can let me know. I am buyer for it in India.

Regards,

Nitish Oberoi

Neptuneexport@gmail.com

Quoting from [Tim]:

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I have been following HMS 1/2 trading just for a few weeks now. Can anyone please help me with a basic question?

How much approximately scrap HMS 1/2 can be stacked into a 20 ft container? how about a 40 ft?

Cheers,

Its basically depend on what kind of scrap you have and in what sizesTim

Quoting from [Tim]:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I have a good sceduale for this but can't send it on here, maximum here is 4000 characters. Send me an email on mathijs_muller_sha@ensign.com.cn and I email it to you.

Kind Regards, Mathijs

Re: Re: HMS 1/2 40 ft container weight?

Thank you all for your replies.

I now gather from all your posts that a 20 ft container could load about 20 MT.

(I'm not quite sure about 40 ft container yet because while the max load of a 20 ft container is 20-25 MT, it seems that 40 ft one could take more than 25 MT I guess)

Cheers,

Tim

Re: Re: Re: HMS 1/2 40 ft container weight?

Dear Tim,

The Max. load for a 20' heavy duty container can be upto 26tonnes , but it depends on the  pot of loading & discharge the loading/unloading capacity of the crane.

A 40' can also take max upto 27-28tonnes again depending on same as above.

hope it makes you clear.

regards & best of luck to u.

you buy or sell.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how many tonnes of Dry Split Ginger would make up a 20 feet container and also a 40 feet container?

Does anyone know the current international price for Dry Split ginger?

Is there a particular website where I can find these information first-hand?

I would really appreciate getting detailed information.

Thanks.

Hello,

a 20' FCL will hold a net weight of 20mt and 33cbm. While a 40'FCL holds 67cbm, the net weight you can load is only 24mt. Partly it is because the 40'FCL is structurally weaker, but in fact in most countries the road transfer is limited to 24mt, so this is the main reason. So if your goods aren't too voluminous the 20'FCL is more economical for you.

c[ ]

Quoting from [Tim]:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Tim

You can fit  22 tons to a 20 ft containers but will find tht most small yards wil not load this because it is very labor intensive and requries to invest in lot of torching fuel.

The max allowed is 25 tons sometimes 26 but will basically needs all HMS 1 to make this weight.

Jose

We could help you get good international shipping rates from various container shippers

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: