Community > Forums > Basics of Import-Export > Importing from China to Philippines
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
Quoting from [madass150]:

Quoting from [jjproducts]:

Quoting from [gcc888]:

Hi Mad *, Sorry for the late reply. You dont need to apply for a Prem acc. You are right, I am from Manila. I called my customs broker and unfortunately they dont have an affiliate in Cebu which I could refer to you. It would be best to get a broker based in Cebu for expediency purposes. Get a referral from another exporter / importer who could recommend cost efficient and more importantly trustworthy brokers in your area.

Re: your query on getting your own Freight forwarder in China or in the Philippines, you dont need this. As your supplier is quoting you on FOB shanghai basis, you just ask your supplier to load the goods with the cheapest shipping line available. Based on my experience, the longer the transit time the lower the freight cost and conversely if you want your goods to reach you fast, you might have to choose a more expensive shipping company. Usually, your supplier can give you options re: this matter.

When the container arrives in Cebu, you just need to present 3 sets of documents to your customs broker 1) Commercial Invoice, 2) Packing List, 3) Original or Copy with Telex release of the B/L. These are the basic documents required by Phil. customs. You would however need to ask your broker before you import to secure an import license for your company and you should also ask them to check if the importation of motorcycle parts would require additional documents/paperwork.

Hope this helps

As other members had written, you seem to know so much. How long have you been in I/E business? I am new to this site and would like to know more about importing to Phils. Also, please provide me your reputable customs broker information and/or other referrals. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, I now have my Import licence which took about 4 months . There seems to be a difference between shipping agents and brokers. Not sure who I should have handle my affairs regarding having goods shipped either FOB or CIF.

Hello Madass and gcc888 :

Like Mad *, I want to import goods from China - new in this business and am looking for a way to get into it, unlike Mad *, he has now his import license.

Would you kindly share to me how to obtain the import license?

Does having an import license, and the three documents to present to customer broker cited by gcc888 are enough to have the goods be finally arrived to Pampanga?

Do you have your broker now? Can he / she be my broker, too? How?

Thank you to any help,

celia
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
Quoting from [cell_ia]:

Quoting from [madass150]:

Quoting from [jjproducts]:

Quoting from [gcc888]:

Hi Mad *, Sorry for the late reply. You dont need to apply for a Prem acc. You are right, I am from Manila. I called my customs broker and unfortunately they dont have an affiliate in Cebu which I could refer to you. It would be best to get a broker based in Cebu for expediency purposes. Get a referral from another exporter / importer who could recommend cost efficient and more importantly trustworthy brokers in your area.

Re: your query on getting your own Freight forwarder in China or in the Philippines, you dont need this. As your supplier is quoting you on FOB shanghai basis, you just ask your supplier to load the goods with the cheapest shipping line available. Based on my experience, the longer the transit time the lower the freight cost and conversely if you want your goods to reach you fast, you might have to choose a more expensive shipping company. Usually, your supplier can give you options re: this matter.

When the container arrives in Cebu, you just need to present 3 sets of documents to your customs broker 1) Commercial Invoice, 2) Packing List, 3) Original or Copy with Telex release of the B/L. These are the basic documents required by Phil. customs. You would however need to ask your broker before you import to secure an import license for your company and you should also ask them to check if the importation of motorcycle parts would require additional documents/paperwork.

Hope this helps

As other members had written, you seem to know so much. How long have you been in I/E business? I am new to this site and would like to know more about importing to Phils. Also, please provide me your reputable customs broker information and/or other referrals. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, I now have my Import licence which took about 4 months . There seems to be a difference between shipping agents and brokers. Not sure who I should have handle my affairs regarding having goods shipped either FOB or CIF.

Hello Madass and gcc888 :

Like Mad *, I want to import goods from China - new in this business and am looking for a way to get into it, unlike Mad *, he has now his import license.

Would you kindly share to me how to obtain the import license?

Does having an import license, and the three documents to present to customer broker cited by gcc888 are enough to have the goods be finally arrived to Pampanga?

Do you have your broker now? Can he / she be my broker, too? How?

Thank you to any help,

celia

Celia, it took about 4 months or so to get the import licence, Its a real headache, If you can find a good broker then they can help you process this, I certainly wont recommend the one I used. I've befriended a guy in customs and his wife is a broker so I'll probably get their services but they only have a small office in cebu. A reputable one should be easy to find.

You can get a list of requirements for your license from either Customs or a good broker..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
I am planning to import tires from china to the philippines. where can i find a good custom broker? please do help me with this. thank you!

Importing from China to Philippines
Hi I'm a middleman here in the Philippines, i make sure that suppliers only receive their payment when buyers confirm their receipt of the goods. This was due to common scam transactions where sellers just run away with the buyer's payment. (in which i was also a victim). I could easily facilitate payment because i work in a bank. I accomodate transactions from international to local but i think local to local transactions are much easier to facilitate. Just looking for a small way to earn extra income from work. Just contact me if anyone is interested. ok?.. See ya...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
madass150 wrote:

Celia, it took about 4 months or so to get the import licence, Its a real headache, If you can find a good broker then they can help you process this, I certainly wont recommend the one I used. I've befriended a guy in customs and his wife is a broker so I'll probably get their services but they only have a small office in cebu. A reputable one should be easy to find.

You can get a list of requirements for your license from either Customs or a good broker..

Hello madass150, just want to ask for updates on your importing efforts. I am from baguio city and have a motorcycle shop. I would also like to import items from china and i hope you can help me out.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
Hi,, we we finally got the import licence, its actually in my wifes name , I'm Australian.
The parts that I import are not for local consumption, I export 100% of all imports.
I have special parts made often to my own design and have them manufactured in China.
I guess you are interested in importing for the local market, parts for all the 100 and 125's etc?
I dont have any experience with that.
Have you processed your import licence application?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
Hello again, yes you're right madass150. we are planning to import items for local market. right now, we are still waiting for our business permit to be released by the city government here in Baguio City, so currently we have not yet started the process for the import licence application. I hope you can help me with this. I want to learn more about the import licence, the requirements and the steps (and hopefully the cost). I used to by items from international sellers in ebay, but never have it been required for me to secure an import licence.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
I'll have to ask the wife about the cost to secure the licence, but my advice would be to either go to Bureau of Customs direct and they should be able to advise you of the requirements or talk to a customs broker, they can handle this for you, but make sure yhey know their stuff, ours was no good..Something which has just come to hand in the last few days is the B.I.R. is cracking down, Now I have to supply them with an inventory of everything I import, proof of items sold and value including shippin cost abroad, so they can collect 12% on all sales.they are likely to audit my stock and books at any time. It cost P5,000 to secure the licence, this cost was mainly for the broker.
Re: Importing from China to Philippines
You can show you on the platform of product, let more buyers see your product, if the purchaser feel good, and the product quality pass, so will your product sourcing.
Now a good platform www.bytrade.com this platform is good, you can go to register[em19]
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing from China to Philippines
madass150 wrote:
I'll have to ask the wife about the cost to secure the licence, but my advice would be to either go to Bureau of Customs direct and they should be able to advise you of the requirements or talk to a customs broker, they can handle this for you, but make sure yhey know their stuff, ours was no good..Something which has just come to hand in the last few days is the B.I.R. is cracking down, Now I have to supply them with an inventory of everything I import, proof of items sold and value including shippin cost abroad, so they can collect 12% on all sales.they are likely to audit my stock and books at any time. It cost P5,000 to secure the licence, this cost was mainly for the broker.
Hello again, sorry for the long silence. Me and my husband are doing quite some thinking, especially now that you have mentioned that both Customs and BIR are a bit stingy, we might delay first the idea of importing products. ... Or maybe... you might want to be our supplier for motorcycle parts/accessories =)

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: