Community > Forums > Consumer Electronics > For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S. 41 replies,36262 views

Many times I have been asked what the requirements are for importing cell phones into the U.S. and why shipments have been confiscated by U.S. customs.

The requirements are:

1. Each model must have its own valid FCC number identified on the packing list
  2. For the shipment the importer must submit Form FCC 740 prior to import.
  3. letter of License from brand to import and resell sometomes called SISVEL www.sisvel.com

These are explained in the document at the following location:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/kdb/forms/FTSSearchResultPage.cfm?id=30744&switch=P

If your shipment has been confiscated it will directly relate to any of the the 3 requirements if not all.

The other thing you should know if the units are deemed real and you have not sumitted the paperwork for #2 or #3 the stock will be confiscated and sold to licensed distributors, re-sellers and VAR's of the brand via a Customs Auction.  These auctions are not open to the public.  Any shipment confiscated becomes the sole property of U.S. customs and when said items are sold by U.S. Customs the buyer will not be compensated for their loss.

Ranger

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Me Tech Supply
ME Tech Supply a D. B. A provides sourcing solutions for both small and medium sized businesses. We are members of the GSAA whose Agents have verified more than 2. 5 million companies World WideWe offer low cos... More

Share to:

Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.

Only the greedy and small time ebayers are looking for the easy fix importing from China.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MidwestGSM
We are a registered business in the State of Missouri (lic# LC1009862). Recently we have started a consulting service to aide other traders of mobile phones. We have all read about the fraud on the internet... More

Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.

Glenn. Such may be true as a general proposition but not entirely. You see, my company imports properly certified phones from China in 1,000 batches being the normal minimum MOQ for top quality product direct from factory.
Re: Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.

As always Aussie, you are the exception. If I write something it usually doesn't include "real" buyers. I just got back from St. Louis on a wild goose hunt that only turned up 50 phones from a recently bk'ed biz. But their names all started with "A".
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MidwestGSM
We are a registered business in the State of Missouri (lic# LC1009862). Recently we have started a consulting service to aide other traders of mobile phones. We have all read about the fraud on the internet... More

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.

You're sure right Glenn. Wild Goose Chase pretty well sums up the phone game for most.

How'd you like to start a buyers co-op where we join small buyers together to get the same buy deal as the big guys?    [em1]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.
Quoting from [Aussie]:

You're sure right Glenn. Wild Goose Chase pretty well sums up the phone game for most.

How'd you like to start a buyers co-op where we join small buyers together to get the same buy deal as the big guys?    [em1]

Sounds good, but we have established retionships. But we are open to anything legitimate.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MidwestGSM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.
Quoting from [Aussie]:

Sounds good, but we have established retionships. But we are open to anything legitimate.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MidwestGSM

Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.
Quoting from [Aim Direct USA]:

Only the greedy and small time ebayers are looking for the easy fix importing from China.

i am selling 300-350 a month on ebay on commission, as a greedy small time ebayer what is my easy fix to undercut my supplier, if i skip china?

(HK and Shenzhen is easily accessable for me physically, including some personal friends who are good businessmen though not in cell phone business)

few questions,

1. what implications for importing Motorola phones? (customs, import liscences, DBA, manufacturer concerns etc) to avoid confiscation.

2. Most viable alternatives in the US marketplace for this volume?

3. Skip travel and Use online sellers from overseas using most secure methods of payment?

What is your best recomendation?

So we are not rehashing old material, there are some Asian suppliers who do the right thing. But what US distributor(s) have you tried? 350 units is a nice chunk and it is refreshing to hear of someone selling authentic new phones online. But let's solve this first.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MidwestGSM

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those looking to import Cell Phones to the U.S.
So we are not rehashing old material, there are some Asian suppliers who do the right thing. But what US distributor(s) have you tried? 350 units is a nice chunk and it is refreshing to hear of someone selling authentic new phones online. But let's solve this first.

Though i have built up a nice chunk, I still do not have a DBA. I checked out brightpoint online, it has a list of registering business requirement to become a customer. I kinda wish to get my hands on the pricings before i consider registering for any one of the suppliers.

you think it is possible?? should I register a DBA and sales tax exemption etc .. first.

Concerning the sales lead (now deleted) posted by Jerry. My friend, you don't get it!

Your relative's two-way radio is NOT CERTIFIED for legal sale in developed countries.

Your device emits radio signals. Therefore, it must be tested by a recognised lab and CE or FCC or A-Tick certified before it can be lawfully imported and sold by EU, USA or Australian buyers respectively. Same applies to battery chargers associated with the device. 

You completely ignored everything Ranger just said about FCC certification for USA.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: