Community > Forums > Moderator forum > Forums reorganization and renaming
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Forums reorganization and renaming 2 replies,2239 views

One of the big problems with the current forum is that people posts all sorts of things in all sorts of places. I think the reason for this is that they don't really know where to post as none of the categories really fit exactly what they need.

I suggest the following but perhaps others have ideas also:

1. Safe Trading Forums could change to include - Safe Trading Basics, Check out Suppliers, Report Suspicious Companies

2. Safe Trading Basics = Due Dilligence so why not bring these two forums together under the 'Safe Trading Basics' name and get rid of the Due Dilligence forum.

3. Global Trade Policies = Legal so why not combine these into one forum 'Trade Policy and Law'

4. The three forums 'Documents and Shipping', 'Payment and Finance' and 'Insurance and Trade Terms' could be brought together into one super forum titled 'Documents, Payment, Trade Terms'. That might help Foow with his shipping forum problems!

5. Basics of Import and Export = Ask an Expert forum. I don't like the name 'Ask an Expert' and to be honest this could cause you legal problems should advice given in that forum be incorrect. I recommend combining those two forums into a more simple 'Trading Basics'

6. 'Electrical Equipment' could be changed to 'Consumer Electronics' which might help Aussie with his problems with the mobile phones.

7. I would like to see a new forum 'Brand Name Products' in which we could clearly place stickies which lay out the bare facts that buyers can't buy these products in Asia. And we could also link to reputable suppliers of each of the more famous brand names i.e. Thread Title: Reputable Suppliers of Apple iPhones - Content: Only licenced re-sellers of the Apple company can sell Apple branded products. Please see www.apple.com for a full list of licenced re-sellers worldwide etc. If you buy such product from non-licenced re-sellers then you will be at risk of fraud. - Seems a waste to dedicate a whole forum to this but could be worth it if it helps people.

8. More Industry Forums as per user requests and needs.

Anyone else?
Share to:

Re: Forums reorganization and renaming
Replying to [Egernia]: Actually I think there could be a little reorganization as well but, I concur with your first 3 but not #4.

"Documents and Shipping" & "Insurance and Trade Terms" could be incorporated together as they are dealing with the same points. However, "Payment & Finance" has nothing to do with either one. Finanacing a business has nothing to do with the two things above nor does the way in which you are going to pay for products. Payment is the result of completing the negotiations. Or I might also say that "Shipping, Insurance, Customs, and Trade Terms" could be one and "Documents, Inspection, Payment and Finance" become the other as negotiation of documents plays a part in some payment options.

Basics of IMEX should stay the same and I would eliminate Ask an Expert as well, but not for the same reason. It jsut seems as though it has become a catch-all for everything. Either that or dicussions should pertain to a particular subject for a week and then have the moderator(s) move to the appropriate categories.

I agree that there also should be a "Personal & Business Electronics" forum dealing with Wireless Communication Devices, PDA's, Camera's, and MP3/MP4's but Electrical should stay as it is. Quartz resinators, diodes, generators, ect.... should not be part of this.

I however don't see the need for a Brand names forum. That actually is a part of Due Diligence and Safe Trading. Besides this fact I doubt very much if any buyer on here can acutally afford to buy direct from a brand name distributor. In most cases they are looking for re-sellers who can provide smaller quanities.

I also could see a forum "Contract Manufacturing & Prototype Engineering" IM not sure about any of the other moderators but I get bomabarded daily about how to go about finding Contract Manufacturing, Contracts & Negotiations, Patents, Prototyping and Manufacturing Standards, Marking.

I also see a need on a larger scale for the incorporation of contract manufacturing into the seller leads and buyer leads. Based on those that have facilities that have a need or desire to fullfill more contracts and those seeking to have their products manufactured. Right now I see would be OEM manufactures doing more selling than advertising their willingness to negotiate contracts. Aside from these things I would leave the rest as they are.

best regards,

Ranger
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Me Tech Supply
ME Tech Supply a D. B. A provides sourcing solutions for both small and medium sized businesses. We are members of the GSAA whose Agents have verified more than 2. 5 million companies World WideWe offer low cos... More

Re: Re: Forums reorganization and renaming
Ranger thanks for the suggestions. I am happy to go with those if everyone else is.

So a quick summary of the suggestions:

1. Safe Trading Forums could change to include - Safe Trading Basics, Check out Suppliers, Report Suspicious Companies

2. Safe Trading Basics = Due Dilligence so why not bring these two forums together under the 'Safe Trading Basics' name and get rid of the Due Dilligence forum.

3. "Global Trade Policies" = "Legal" so why not combine these into one forum 'Trade Policy and Law'

4. "Documents and Shipping" and "Insurance and Trade Terms" made into one forum maybe titled "Documents, Insurance and Shipping"? I don't know if we really need the words Customs and Trade Terms mentioned in the forum title as I think they are synonymous with Shipping.

5. "Payment and Finance" to remain unchanged. I will be honest I have never looked at that forum and assumed that it was about payment terms etc which is why I suggested combining it with shipping etc, but as it seems to cover other ground keeping it a seperate forum does make sense.

6. "Ask an Expert" forum done away with. As I mentioned earlier I personally don't like the term 'expert' as I tend to think we can all learn from each others knowledge and experiences. My suggestion remains to combine that content back into a forum titled 'Trading Basics'.

7. Seems that the forum 'Electrical Equipment' forum should remain.

8. Add a new forum "Consumer Electronics". Aussie would you be happy with that to cover your mobile phone topics?

9. My idea behind the "Brand Name" forum was not a suggestion that there would be legitimate business done there. It was more to try and catch the attention of people seeking those products and bring them together in one forum where they could learn the facts about why they can't buy those product through alibaba. Currently we see these discussions had on many different forums. Perhaps though these discussions would migrate naturally across to a 'Consumer Electronics' forum so I am happy to forgoe a brand name specific forum if others don't agree with it.

10. Rangers suggestion for a "Contract Manufacturing & Prototype Engineering" for the discussion of Contract Manufacturing, Contracts & Negotiations, Patents, Prototyping and Manufacturing Standards, Marking.

11. More Industry Forums as per user requests and needs.

Anyone else?

Admin - is this worth discussing? i.e. would alibaba make such changes if the mod's could agree with what changes were required?

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: