Community > Forums > Payment & Finance > Western Union T/T Bank Transfers
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Western Union T/T Bank Transfers 31 replies,16082 views

Every single offer I have received from sellers wants to use Western Union T/T or Bank Transfers!!! I do not trust either of these because I have been burnt before! Are there any companies with legit low prices that take PayPal? Or COD??? I want samples COD because I don't know these companies and they are literally THOUSANDS of miles away and the internet is like the old Wild west, There is no way to track these people down. Anybody have a solution? Ron
Share to:

Re: Western Union T/T Bank Transfers
Quoting from [deutschergeist]:

Every single offer I have received from sellers wants to use Western Union T/T or Bank Transfers!!! I do not trust either of these because I have been burnt before! Are there any companies with legit low prices that take PayPal? Or COD??? I want samples COD because I don't know these companies and they are literally THOUSANDS of miles away and the internet is like the old Wild west, There is no way to track these people down. Anybody have a solution? Ron

Ron,

Western Union is a no no ALWAYS

TT is normal (called a wire transfer by many in the US). Due Diligence is a MUST!

Paypal and COD do NOT exist in international trading

If your value is over 50K you use an L/C

under that the best method (and safest) is escrow.... the only truly legit one that i would recommend in escrow.com

hope that helps

Replying to [deutschergeist]: Dear Ron,
no, never send money trough Western Union or TT. I don't say that the suppliets that ask these payment methods are scammers but 99.99% of them are so! In fact, I was scammed by two suppliers taht asked TT in advance to send samples: I lost up to 400USD and never received any sample! Theerefore, pls don't trust in them... I suggest to subscribt an account with a courrier (DHL; TNT; FEDEX; UPC or other) and make them collect samples when you want. I know that they are a bit expansive, but in this way, you surely never lose money!

Good luck for everything!

BYE!
Miele.
Re: Re: Western Union T/T Bank Transfers
Replying to [Foow]:

Just out of curiosity for a newbie - How much does a L/C cost? I understand it's not feasible for anything less than 10-15K - Here you're stating 50K - regardless, I do understand that the order has to at least surpass 10K to warrant using a L/C as payment - was just wondering how much they cost and if they vary from bank to bank?

Thanks for your help (or anyone else's) [em1]
Re: Re: Re: Western Union T/T Bank Transfers
Quoting from [Fugly]:

Replying to [Foow]:

Just out of curiosity for a newbie - How much does a L/C cost? I understand it's not feasible for anything less than 10-15K - Here you're stating 50K - regardless, I do understand that the order has to at least surpass 10K to warrant using a L/C as payment - was just wondering how much they cost and if they vary from bank to bank?

Thanks for your help (or anyone else's) [em1]

They sure do vary by bank but they also vary by the amount of business you do with and thru that bank.  If you have never done business with a bank, rest assured they will probally lock the funds which would make it a fully funded L/C.

Ranger

SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Me Tech Supply
ME Tech Supply a D. B. A provides sourcing solutions for both small and medium sized businesses. We are members of the GSAA whose Agents have verified more than 2. 5 million companies World WideWe offer low cos... More

Replying to [deutschergeist]:

This is simple, those who don't accept any payment term other than WU or T/T, we can regard them as SCAMMER.

Don't play with your money, no matter how attractive the price is. As a matter of fact, low price is right what scammers use as a bait.
What if they're TrustPass . . passed and a gold member? Any value in being scam-free?
Re: Re: Western Union T/T Bank Transfers

agree. im a newbie to alibaba and most sellers seem to want western or TT . i know there are a lot of untrustworthy people out there but surely if they are gold member, certified business and trust passed they must be ok???[em9]

Re: Re: Re: Western Union T/T Bank Transfers

Yes, if you see trust-member, and gold supplier, I will think right away they have to be serieous people in business!!! But when you see the form of payment, it will be scary. Because I as a buyer don't trust someone so far, I don't even know. And they also don't trust me by sending the items without receiving any money!!! So it's from both side!!!!!

But who give them the title of GOLD SUPPLIER????? I like to ask Alibaba, on this.  Because people see a lot, that they like to place an order, but when they think SCAMMERS, than they don't want to order. So please ALIBABA, put some more info abouth what people can trust, yes or no. Very  important for the buyer.

Chelly

I am a newbie, and I am totally lost her as how to make payment to a company I do not know. I was chatting with a supplier this morning, and he is already asking me for MTCN, beacuse he only accept Western Union for payment. Does money sent by Western Union goes into an escrow account? Please advice. [em9]

Yes I agree. I want to purchase machinery on a small scale and do not feel I can trust the suppliers who want T/T and wont accept Escrow or Paypal. Reading some of the forum comments Im not sure I can trust Alibaba either. It is a shame I want to buy and somebody wants to sell but unless secure system is in place it aint going to happen.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: