Community > Forums > Basics of Import-Export > No reply from buyers
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

No reply from buyers 106 replies,19794 views

There has been seen that many buyers not responding when you sent a quotation to them. Please a system may please be introduce to verify these buyers and suppliers through their country's chamber of commerce and industries.
Share to:

Reply #
Both Buyers and sellers should have some ethics SELLERS - Should quote only when requested or see a ad where the Buyer needs the product you want . (Many sellers will keep on sending messages saying we have X product and XX is the Price , when we do not ask for it , do not expect an answer in such a case ) BUYERS - If you request a quote and a SELLER takes an interest and replies to you , you have to make it a point to get back to them with your reply ,doesnt matter , whether it is positive or negative . Thank the Seller for the Quotation and let them know that your order has been filled by some other supplier and you will consider for further orders
Reply # 1 shah

Same situation!!

I have been puzzled for  many years. But still don't know why!!

Reply #
Do not stop after every given quote. Do not think it anytime. Go ahead. Try open a new door to give quote. Quote by quote. Expand your chance to catch an order.
shah wrote:
There has been seen that many buyers not responding when you sent a quotation to them. Please a system may please be introduce to verify these buyers and suppliers through their country's chamber of commerce and industries.
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

MERIT OTOMOTIV MAKINA TICARET AHMET MERT
Our specialty is hydraulic breakers and its spare parts: From tool (bush, cylinder, piston, diaphragm, membrane, front head, lower hammer part, chuck housing, front guide, chisel, moil, pick, blunt, accumulator, ... More

Reply #
shah wrote:
Reply #
I have meet the same situation too.after several emails ,the buyer dispeared...
Re: No reply from buyers
hi man,i have the same questions with you! It's normal ,don't be so fussy,adjust to it!
I always reply, this is my job...[em10]
[em2]
never ever to be a gold supplier in alibaba
as they want u to become member and pay
for the membership, after that you have to beg them to follow up your case... if you have any problem.... they will cut your phone.... do not call you back.... will never reply your e-mail.
Reply #
Want to know why some buyers don't respond?

There are several reason actually,

1) whenever i post something, i get swamped with tons of different  quotes from seller, there is no way I can reply to all of them
2) i do know how much I should be paying for the products, when I ask for a quote give me a actually quote with your best price, not several times the real worth of it and we might talk
3) generic item that looks like what every other manufacturer has, yet they all seem to claim to be the best
4) no website, catalog send looks like it was copy and pasted, no details

Usually buyers are very weary of scammers, and even thou it is very unfortunate for the actual sellers it raises a very big red flag for buyers if you don't have a genuine website ( I am not talking about your alibaba website), some kind of reference of past clients that people might know in the particular field your selling, having made a name helps too. Currently i won't even deal with a seller if they don't provide me with a adequate website and product catalog and if I've heard of there products before or not been sold by other buyers, its to easy to get scammed or send faulty or poor quality products. Prices and shipping has to be competitive, to many sellers have given me acceptable prices for there items, but in the end when it came down to shipping they tried to charge me 2x 3x the going rate, i get my items by ems or dhl, so yes 2x 3x rate on shipping is not acceptable for me and it just make me end up canceling the order even thou you just made a sale. Trying to screw your customers doesn't work very well.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: