Community > Forums > Apparel & Fashion > Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier 22 replies,21688 views

Hs anyone used Paypal where chinese **** suppliers are concerned? I know that there are many suppliers who don't or say they aren't able to, but I'm a bit suspicious of the ones who do. Is there any way of getting money back through Paypal if an order is placed and nothing is received? Also, just as an afterthought, has anyone successfully used Escrow when dealing with chinese suppliers? Again, is there anyway that they can scam you?
Opinions appreciated. Thanks
Share to:

Re: Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier
Quoting from [CupOfTea]:

Hs anyone used Paypal where chinese replica suppliers are concerned? I know that there are many suppliers who don't or say they aren't able to, but I'm a bit suspicious of the ones who do. Is there any way of getting money back through Paypal if an order is placed and nothing is received? Also, just as an afterthought, has anyone successfully used Escrow when dealing with chinese suppliers? Again, is there anyway that they can scam you?

As far as for International import/export business transactions are concerned, the payment method should be viable. Normally Letter of credit and TT are best methods. Now a days, the TT and LC transactioned are covered under SWIFT, so there is no delay, missing or any other defects. So my suggestions is the above two
SIGNATURE:
About Our Company

Horizons
We are designers,manufacturers and suppliers of Knitted /Woven garments and home textiles. We are having trained & experienced designers, production managers and QA people. We have the infrastructure to do all va... More

Replying to [CupOfTea]:
when dealing with suppliers for the first few transactions, only purchase
what you can afford to lose. Trust is built upon slowly. Soon Alibaba will have their own form of PayPal. Until then chose your method
of payments very carefully.
Re: Re: Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier
Replying to [jewls]:Thanks, do you have any more info on this (Alibaba paypal payments)
Replying to [CupOfTea]:

hi
the best positive payment service you can rely on is LC from a prime bank or TT. it is mutually beneficial to the buyer as well as supplier bcuz of its authencity.
good luck [em1]
Replying to [CupOfTea]:

Hi

I am a exporter from Manchester, we have office in China, if i am in China and want a sample i have used pay pal to pay Chinese factories, and it saves me so much time, and with more peace of mind, to pay from a Chinese bank is a nightmare.

If you send T/T then you have a charge for that, and will wait about 5 days or more to clear, and you don't have the peace of mind.

The problem is not many use the pay pal service, some have but they need to take Foriegn money not RMB?

The other issue is it's ok for samples, but no factory will take pay pal for a large order like a container, the T/T or L/C is the ones to use.

But if you can use pay pal and get the sample, this will bridge some trust for you and the factory, as you have the sample and the deal went through ok, now you are ready for the big one [em19]

Maybe we can talk more soon, John
yes,...
i am canadian and i am also concerned about paying large amounts of money through paypal and receiving nothing.
so i need help also
Re: Re: Re: Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier
Paypal is the fastest and best mode of payment provided:
- The $ order size is under around USD 2000
- The buyer and seller more or less know each other and have a basic trust
- The shipping address is the same as the person paying through Paypal. (e.g. not paid from USA and shipping to Nigeria)
- The seller understands Paypal's policies and knows how to manage payments professionally inside the Paypal system

Especially on the last point - Paypal is not an easy system for a Seller so if the Chinese supplier says they have never used Paypal before, or they have no Paypal rating, beware...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is paypal safe to use with chinese supplier
Replying to [Chinavasion]:So if the seller never sends the product will i get my money back from paypal?
Replying to [motoucom]:
good reply
Quoting from [CupOfTea]:

Hs anyone used Paypal where chinese replica suppliers are concerned? I know that there are many suppliers who don't or say they aren't able to, but I'm a bit suspicious of the ones who do. Is there any way of getting money back through Paypal if an order is placed and nothing is received? Also, just as an afterthought, has anyone successfully used Escrow when dealing with chinese suppliers? Again, is there anyway that they can scam you?

I have been dealing with many supplier from china, They sent me different thing, I ordered electronic, but I received cheap T-shirt and end up losing my money, even paypal could not help to get my money back. PAYPAL doesn't guaranttee that you will get your money back if you make transaction outside eBay.

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: