Community > Forums > Report & Verify Fraud > Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special st...
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines

Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487 38 replies,55222 views

Dear Members,

please take to your knowledge, before you ask for help regarding a UK supplier selling mobile phones, electronics or computer !

If the given phone or fax number starts with +4470 it is a link number what connects you with anywhere in the world, but not to a real UK supplier !
The same you can expect when the phone or fax starts with +4487, that is a computer service provider or National link number with equal effect !
All following Modifications like +44070, +44087 or 70..., 070, 87..., 087 without Country Code for connections to the UK are same,
this numbers are mostly used by fraudsters to hide their Place of residence, you can be 100% shure that it is a fraud !

Generally all Geographic landlines in the United Kingdom incl.Northern Ireland start from abroad with +441 or +442 and will be followed by 8/9 digits !

All mobile phone numbers and other combinations of numbers are not comprehensibly if they are used by a fraudster,
no real company will only provide a mobile number !
Until now there is no legal company known, who advertise on Alibaba, using one of the first mentioned numbers or only a mobile number !

For a worldwide destination check of phone and fax numbers, you can use, up to ten searches a day free: https://www.numberingplans.com//?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Possible exceptions, may announce themselves, them can then after examination in an exception list be led.

rgds
Wilhelm

Share to:

Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
Replying to [wilhelm]:BUMP, great info wilhelm, maybe you can finally stop writing the same paragraph over and over and over again......should be stuck to the top in my opinion.[em1]
Re: Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
This information exists in three or four different stickies on the various forums here already [em10] so I'm not going to put it on top. But this topic can still be useful to refer to.

It's actually very common for real UK companies to have numbers starting with +44 87... However a legitimate company should be able to provide a landline number when asked. A scammer pretending to be in the UK usually can't. The +44 70 numbers are a huge red flag as they are not as often used by real companies, they are very common among scammers and easier to use.

Of course, any company on Alibaba dealing in brand name electronics (Acer laptops, Nokia mobiles etc...) should be dealt with very carefully, regardless of where they are or what phone numbers they use. A few searches and some experience will confirm that a majority of them are scams.
Re: Re: Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
Replying to [FraudWatchersDotOrg]:

Hi FraudWatcher, it is up to you to post it at the Top or not, but here you find all about UK phones, I not see elsewhere !
I made this because I see more and more members who asked for UK companies and when you open the leads you find this numbers !
rgds
Wilhelm

Bump !
Re: Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
Replying to [Rizzob]:

Thank you that you have noticed, that this posting can help !!

rgds
Wilhelm
Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
Replying to [wilhelm]: Dera sir,
I an so pleased to read your article. We have been with Alibaba for several months and I am yet to find a legitamate wholesaler of digital cameras based in the UK. Every single contact I have made is from a number that does not have any land line significance. These fraudsters are everywhere on this site. It has gone from the sublime to the rediculous. The fraudsters are so confident and assuring they could trick the most astute of us.
My message is, please take care and dont be taken for a fool.
Regards Innov8
Replying to [wilhelm]:

another helpfull site for checking phone numbers is
http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/
You can look up the country code as well as the city code.

It will also tell you the time in the location of the phone number.
I use this site quite often.
Replying to [wilhelm]:
I agreed that which numbers starts with above may connect to anywhere in the world but the payment will sent to the same address which listed in companies house, how could scam? [em1]
Replying to [rinku]:

You can order this numbers in more than 170 countries in the world,
see :

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/BTaroundtheworld/BTaroundtheworld.htm

so how to find a user when he works from Nigeria or anywhere else, in Countries without a proper infrastructure ?

rgds
Wilhelm
Re: Re: Re: Scammer Information UK phone or fax numbers, special starting +4470 or +4487
If you are sending a Western Union payment to that address, it can still be a scam. They can even pick up the payment in another country than it was sent to.
Replying to [wilhelm]:Thanks wilhelm, thanks fraud watcher.Please help me again.[em3]

I have got very defferent offer, could be it legit?
[em12][em12]

Offer from 'http://www.alibaba.com/company/10836890.html'

Offer is 'We only make business using a shipping company who offer an escrow option. What means that:
I go at the shipping company called Extra Freight (www.extrafreight.biz) ..and make the deposit of the units .. They take them and check to see if all of them are brand new. If all is ok they start the deposit and make a tracking#.
I will send you this tracking# so you can check that they have the units in their custody. After you have the tracking# you will have to make the payment to their company. When I will make the deposit of the units you will receive the tracking# from the shipping company too, along with the Name and Address of the employer
of their company and the details for the payment so you can know how to make the
payment. After you will make the payment you will have to e-mail them with the payment details so they can check the payment .. and if all is ok the package will be at your door in 1-2 working days. If all is OK with the package, you will have to contact back the shipping company and tell them to send me the money. If not, you will send back the package on my money, and you will get your money back.
I think this is the best and safest way for us to make business.
If you agree this e-mail me back with your full name and address .. your complete order and I will go to make the deposit.
If any of these products interes you please let us know as soon as posible.
Also the minimum order have to be between $1500-$2000.
We are a serious Company and we are not loosing the time with samples (No Offend). We try to make lot of new partners for New Business.'

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: