Community > Forums > Payment & Finance > Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment an...
Post a topic Post a survey Forum Guidelines
Re: Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment and costs.
Replying to [Ranger]:

Paypal wasn't started for ebay, ebay bought it after it was about 4 years old and had pushed out ebay's payment plan. I've been doing sales almost exclusively with paypal for 8 years. It's great for under $2,000.00 transactions, and first time buyers like the security, plus they can pay with credit or credit cards and I don't pay a monthly payment..

If I'm just ordering the first sample, or under $2,000.00 worth of stuff with shipping, I hate having to go to the bank and make a money transfer. There's no help for me if it ends up in a black hole somewhere.

I'm asking for print samples before buying a $25,000,00 printer, and every manufacturer here wants a tiny wire transfer done for shipping and handling. That's ridiculous!
Replying to [Ranger]:
[em1] hi was bout to start a tread bout why supplyers in china dont like paypal, then see this topics ill put here,

so why dont u all like it, im really only do bussiness with paypal option from a supplyer, its very very safe, but not that, but my t/t fee and supplyers adds up not good for small company starting like me trying import goods to resell in australia ebay and markets,

but yeah i love system, and only fee i get when buyer pay me with it small % and u charge buyer this, all my supplyer charge 2.5% fee for payment with paypal, this is ok for me on 1000usd order but if big i understand t/t is better

just want to know why dont u companys in china like paypal, cause its a USA company if so theres another company like this u can try,

and for the topic my paypal ok, the fee when a payment is recived very small on my site cause im smaller company, so big company well be bit higher,

last to put my payments i got in my paypal to my bank or creidet card it takes me only 24 working hours and if amount under 150AUD its a 1, 50 fee if over its free,

so please who likes paypal who doesnt and who have not tryed cause others bad month it,

in australia this WU is very unpopual but i still used it when had to, but no i dolike WU cost heaps in austalia, i think 15% on total u want to send cause i dont have a account
Re: Re: Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment and costs.
Replying to [buysonline]:I totally agree with you Paypal is the best way to go[em19]
Replying to [goldcoastr]:Use paypal at your own risk. When they eventually freeze your money you will see clearly the reasons why not to use it. There is a reason why there are so many anti-papal sites out there today.
Replying to [Ranger]:i have not used paypal before, but it is not good for the large business. one of my customers ask us the payment terms for paypal , then when said we usually accept T/T, L/C., then he didn't reply me again. i don't know why and then we lost this customer. [em4]
Replying to [goldcoastr]: It is not that suppliers in China don't like Paypal, first it is a new method of payment for them, second, although Paypal is available in China, it can be used only for transactions within China and in RMB, it cannot receive international payments. Chinese business people who wants to trade internationally with Paypal, needs to get an international/us account, but the problem, they don't have bank accounts in the US so can't get the money to their accounts and neither transfered to China. I don't think that they can get it through their credit card neither.
Replying to [Ranger]: We trade in memory cards and we accept Paypal for smaller transactions. We understand that in some countries sending T/Ts can be problematic or the fees can be high. But when using Paypal one needs to take some necessary steps to avoid to be a victim of a fraud. When sending the goods you need to do it through a global express company that can give you a tracking number. Or when you receive a payment, you should do your best to transfer it as soon as possible to your account to avoid any possible freezing.

Overall we have been pleased with our experience with Paypal, despite the high commission they take for receiving payments especially for sample orders. But for orders above USD500 we ask our client to make T/T and we make sure to give them a discount for that.[em1]

Patrick

Newbridge Technologies Limited

Hong Kong
To prevent spam, do not enter your contact information - Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment and costs.
totally agree, that paypal for no reason will freeze your account. I had recently set up one. And one customer had sent me funds through paypal. And for reasons only known to them , they suspended my account saying it was a high risk situation. And now it is reinstated and guess what, their charges are extremely high almost 4% deducted from the total value i received. They ripped me off further by converting the exchange rate of pounds into HK Dollars using their own lower rates of almost 2%, so basically i lost money on this transaction. So i have closed my paypal account now. So for all you buyers who ask why suppliers dont accept paypal , this may be one of the reason.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment and costs.
If anyone Fully trusts paypal you'd be a fool... there is plenty of info around showing that as soon as a small problem occurs, paypal gets scared, freezes your account and youve lost out! Buyers know about these rules and purposely can report a problem even when theyve had their goods to avoid paying for them. Thats when, unless you can prove otherwise , you are stuffed. Try reading up about it, there is even a dedicated web address on the subject!!
As someone said, PayPal are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike ---- I'd like to add....... OR even a chocolate Firegaurd !!
M
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets all put PayPal on the shelf and discuss payment and costs.
Replying to [mg6783]: Look, paypal is bad, but becuase of the fac tthe concept of it is great, there is now a site called www.alertpay.com i use it to process some of my orders for ipods now, it is working good it is like paypal for business, i think you should all chck it out as it is going to wipe paypal off this site. pfc0789@gmail.com if you need ipods or xbox 360

Forum Guidelines

For general Alibaba.com customer inquires, please contact Alibaba Service Center.
To lodge a dispute/complaint, please visit our Complaints Center.
For general AliExpress customer inquiries, please contact AliExpress Customer Support.
If any posts corresponding to the categories above are located in the Forums, they will be deleted without prior notice.
Subject: